<> **** DONE: 1/48 PBY-5 - WW1 / WW2 over Water.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Looking good Jeff. Went back over my build as I remembered I had a problem with the bottom fuselage join, one side being more bowed out than the other...

I don't recall any other builds with this problem so it may have been a one off. In the end I managed to tame the beast.

I spent 1.5 hours last night joining the fuselage halves and I am still not done. Nothing as big as yours but lots of little gaps and I can see now the canopy doesn't fit all too well. Hope to plug away at it some more today and have a photo or two tonight.

Jeff

I like your style Jeff looking awfully good there brother.I might try the shading that way one day.

A smidgen more progress today. The blisters and nose turret have been glued into place. The canopy is set into place and is one rotten fit which is going to require a bit of time to make it look presentable. I have decided that in order to deal with the tail heavy status of this model I am going to use a 12in X 12in slate tile and I will be gluing the three wheels into place. It makes for a decent display base and this bird is so big the 12in X 12in tile underneath her will not take up any additional space.

That is black paint just in front of the canopy, not a gap.

Cheers,

Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread