**** DONE: 1/48 Potez 631 - Night War of WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Landing gear parts are very delicate. I ended up fabricating majority of the long thin pieces. Still it came out all right. Started taping for the red which I hope to shoot tomorrow.
20160214_220344.jpg

Good work on the landing gear... it does look very fine and delicate. The paint looks great too. This is going to be a cool aircraft.

Was finally able to shoot the red. Unfortunately some red leaked through but over all not too bad. I'll make corrections by brush. Now for the body color. It appears to be a very very light blue gray color. With luck I should be able to get the color I need to finish the basic paint job. Then comes all the highlights, washes, and other stuff to get some better looks. I'm not great at this but will do my best.

20160216_211125.jpg

20160217_205211.jpg
20160217_205232.jpg

piliot.gif

Checked the local hobby shop to find the paint I wanted for the over all color and found that it was discontinued. Nuts... I do have some examples of the color I needed and settled on light ghost grey with a touch of light blue and white. I think I successfully hit the color I saw on the donated references, thanks to all for the help. Here is the first result of tonight's spraying session. Along with a little help from my friends. :)

20160218_211834.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back