**** DONE: 1/48 Spitfire FR.lX - Jet/Recon/Transport GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks gentlemen. Last night while trying to force the rear of the wing assembly into the rear of the fuselage assembly, the model slipped out of my hands and ended up
.here and after staring at it for a few minutes, I quietly put everything back in the box and stowed away my modeling equipment. It's not defeat, just a setback. Packing up for camp now so I'll see you in a week(if I can get a decent connection in camp, I'll pop in). Have a good week all.

Geo

Thanks guys, nothing major. With all the wows and warps, there isn't much for the glue to stick to so when I get back, I'm thinking about laying plastic strip along the edges. It might affect the dihedral, but we shall see. Adios, ya'll.

Geo

Not a problem Terry. I don't have a lot of knowledge about aircraft but I have a LOT of books about aircraft and if I can share even one photo, my days is complete.

EDIT: The right photo:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Thanks for the votes of confidence, gentlemen. Spent yesterday staring at the model, in great debation about whether to continue or not and then bit the bullet and added plastic strip to the wings and fuselage to try and give the glue something to hold on too. (Not having a furnace for 2 days with -11°C temperatures outside also dampened my enthusiasm.) I've just flooded the joints with Gator glue, held them together until the glue set, hit the joints with Tamiya thin liquid glue, and taped the wings up. There are still some wee gaps which will receive more Gator glue tomorrow and then the mudding begins. And now, to catch up on everyone else's threads. I think it would be neato if you guys would quit modeling whilst I was in camp, so it wouldn't take me two days to get all caught up. Just a thought for ya'll to mull over.

010.JPG

Geo

Good stuff Geo. And it seems I've quit modelling for five months! Can't seem to get back to the bench, with either illness, stiffness, or lethargy taking over!

Thanks guys. Terry...was in a model funk for two years until I joined this site. As for the stiffness, while I can't feel your pain, my granny and dad had severe arthritis in their hands so I can understand the frustration with modeling.
The tape is off and the bucket load of glue seems to be holding. Adding the plastic strip closed the gaps better than expected with the exception of the rear joint. If I had it sit flush, the join at the front had steps and was slightly askew so I figured this was the best option...add plastic and mud.

001.JPG
002.JPG
003.JPG
005.JPG

On the plus side, I put together the missus' step climber. Note the absence of putty and that all the parts were used. The knife? The instructions call for scissors, I don't do scissors.

001.JPG
002.JPG
003.JPG
004.JPG

I got on it to test drive it and like an idiot I agreed with her that I was a tad out of shape and this might benefit me as well. I realize now that this is her way of legally killing me.

Geo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back