**** DONE: 1/48 Spitfire Mk IIa - Your Favorite Aircraft of All Time GB (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks again guys. Been busy lately but finally got some work done. The fuselage halves have been assembled, puttied, sanded and painted to check for flaws. I had to cut all the locating pins off as they were to long and keeping the halves from joining up properly. I also had to glue in a piece of sprue to use as a spreader. If I hadn't done that there would be an enormous amount of filling to do at the wing root.

100_1140_640x480.JPG
100_1141_640x480.JPG

The wings were pretty straightforward but I suspect the flaps are going to be a pain. Still and all, it is a very nice kit.

100_1142_640x480.JPG
100_1143_640x480.JPG

Thanks for the kind words guys. Well, I was right about the flaps being a pain. They required much test fitting and sanding to achieve a good joint. There was also a pretty good seem at the rear of the wing assembly where it joins the fuselage that required filling. Airfix still makes a nice kit though, especially for the price. The only foul up was right after I started airbrushing. I realized after the first pass that I had forgotten to mask off the light underneath. ( Insert expletive here ) !!! That will be a pain to fix but doable.

100_1145_640x480.JPG

As hoped, the spreader made the wing root joint tight enough that no filler is required.

100_1148_640x480.JPG

Masking and painting ( I hope ) tomorrow.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back