**** DONE: 1/48 Ta-152 W Nr.110007 Sorau,Germany 1945 - Me/ Fw Group Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks guys it really is a pretty easy kit with some nice engraving as far as lines go.I had to shim under the the top engine cover(gun cover) on the fuse about .010" of stryene to get the top of the cover to sit flush w/fuse.I then went ahead and sprayed the RLM 76 on this plane and filled,sanded and retouched the 152H while I was at it and then the 205 somemore.I promise pics later doing alot for other people ATM but tomorrow on the water by 6AM and speck fishing,wish me luck.;)

Sorry about having to use Photobucket but Adobe photoshop pulled the plug on the old free program I had :| I got the panel lines shaded on all the birds today :headbang: I have a pic of the H in there also

MEFWGroupBuild014-1-1.jpg

MEFWGroupBuild015-1.jpg

MEFWGroupBuild018-1.jpg

Getting even faster Andy :) Any difference in brake lines on this crate from the D-9's?

The bottom came out pretty good on these same ole technique paint RLM76,shade RLM66 and then RLM76 again to your liking.Still might need to hit alittle more.

MEFWGroupBuild019-1.jpg

The sides do not get as much of a hit on the second go round for the fact that mottling goes on over the 76

MEFWGroupBuild024-1.jpg

MEFWGroupBuild023.jpg

Last edited:
FYI Kevin, 110007 had part of the wing undersides in NMF. The flaps, ailerons and skin in front of the main spar were RLM 76. The rest was unpainted aluminum. Brake lines would have been similar to the 190's.

FYI Kevin, 110007 had part of the wing undersides in NMF. The flaps, ailerons and skin in front of the main spar were RLM 76. The rest was unpainted aluminum. Brake lines would have been similar to the 190's.

Thks Andy! Noted should be an easy fix(I love to repaint :) )

Nicely done Kevin, wish I could hold the airbrush that steady for shading, I tend to spray everything except what I'm aiming at..........:p

Trust it does on me too Vic sometimes I move the gun and others the plane :dontknow: it just varies on the postion.I appreciate the input guys and Andy did some research on the undersides and see were it has been noted.Wings Pallette actually had the correct paint but could not see it all of course.I finally found a site with a description of the painting and went with what they had.It may or may not be totally right but I bet thier is not a real pic showing all the undersides either??Bottom has been painted and it looks pretty cool :) you have to wait for pics :lol:

Kevin, this is probably the best pic of 110007 showing the bare aluminum areas under the wings. Source: Internet.

Upper camo is believed to be 75 Grey and 83 Dark Green.

Attachments

• ta152c2zm.jpg
    ta152c2zm.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:
I found a painted rendition of the plane and was skeptical of the different colored panels on the outer wing so I did not add them.It will be no big deal to drop them in I was thinking about using Magnesium from MM.I think it was the Wings Pallette pic had the brown while the undersides seemed correct?

Most profiles are dodgy IMO, based only on individual artist's interpretations of usually B/W photos, or copied from someone else's efforts.
Better to go by photos wherever possible, or authoritative colour descriptions if possible.

Great progress btw!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back