**** DONE: 1/48 Ta-152 W Nr.110007 Sorau,Germany 1945 - Me/ Fw Group Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Yup. Wings Pallette is a great resource to get inspiration for a scheme but requires back-up photo evidence if you want accuracy. I find the colours to be very questionable.

Kevin, this is probably the best pic of 110007 showing the bare aluminum areas under the wings. Source: Internet.

Upper camo is believed to be 75 Grey and 83 Dark Green.

Andy I have seen were that has been written in some reviews but I am starting to wonder about it though.When one goes and looks at the D-9's within the same time frame many are RLM 76,81 and 83 with a few adding 75.The suspected Prillers plane that was captured was RLM 76,81 and 83 now am getting my info from
Historie Collections - Planes and Pilots 09 - Focke-Wulf FW 190 - From 1939 to 1945 and I am not familiar enough about the book's accurracy?Priller's plane is on pg68 while mine is on pg74 with no mention of RLM75 but I find this TA-152C Fighter Conversion Set and click the hyperlinks of the camo RLM 75,76,81 and 83.Maybe Paul,Wayne or Wojtek could shed some light.

Attachments

• 4806bottom.jpg
    4806bottom.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 102
  • 4806top.jpg
    4806top.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
You are in a minefield here!
The various late war colours RLM 81,82,83 were introduced through various "Sammelmitteilungen". The problem is that the actual introduction of the colours is impossible to ascribe to particular production blocks,let alone individual aircraft. The various sub-assemblies were manufactured by many sub-contractors and assembled at several facilities. Everyone would use up stocks of earlier colours before moving to the new ones at differing rates. Also reality does not always reflect what the RLM thought was happening.For example RLM 81 and 82 were introduced officially at a time when RLM 83,previously unmentioned,was already replacing RLM 74.
I would do your aircraft with an RLM 81 upper fuselage colour (that area on which the fuselage balkenkreuz is painted looks dark enough to be RLM 81) maybe with one of the greens. I'd go for RLM 83.
The upper wings would be 81/83 or 82/83. I'd be surprised to see RLM 75 at this time. The model posted above has got a correct RLM 76/natural metal underside,matching one of the versions seen on wings built by Fiesler and Focke-Wulf.
Good luck!
Cheers
Steve

Very nice work on - what is to me - a very unusual finish.

Gerry I should of noted are from the Ta152 conversion site(Fusion) but the bottom of the my plane is alot like that.Steve I appreciate the input but I am thinking of going with the Fusion site's scheme.I just started looking at all the profiles and colors of the planes from 01/45-05/45 and they were all mainly 81,83, and 76 with a few having 75 and maybe that is what the Fusion site did a blend :dontknow:

There's no right and wrong way of camouflaging these things without some very good evidence. I assume that you mean 75 as an upper colour and not on the underside of the front of the wing as some contractors/factories did.(Mimetall,Weser Nordenham and Lemwerder spring to mind).
Cheers
Steve

Well, I'll stay firmly on the fence on this one but just so you know, the 75/83 scheme I mentioned in post 36 is taken from Hitchcock's definitive book on the Ta 152.

I'll stay on the fence too! I've done a bit of reading this afternoon and I would retract my "75 was unlikely at this time" as it seems some facilities were indeed still using it on the late Doras so why not the Ta152. I don't think it is any more likely than one of the other combinations. I've had a quick look in the JaPo books and Crandall's weighty tomes. I've got the Hitchcock book somewhere,but have only found Harmann's Ta152 book in the chaos of my model room. I wouldn't argue with Hitchcock's opinion, though I wonder what his reference is.It's risky just going by Werknummer/production block. I've seen evidence for aircraft with "green" 82/83 fuselages and tail planes and grey/green 75/83 wings! The wings were presumably from a different contractor.
It is very difficult to be certain of these things which is why I suspect "Crimea River" (very clever name BTW!) is sitting on the fence too. It's all good fun though!
Cheers
Steve

Agree with Gerry completely...GREAT work Kevin!
Whatever the accuracy of the upper colouring (I'm not even going to guess), you've got a great looking bird here.

Now here's my plane guys pretty good I like it not quite as much contrast as the other buildler but I think it works.I have started appling the Future alittle early this go round to be sure that thourghly dries.Thanks for looking in fellas I have been busy doing samartin work for others of late.;) Cheers

MEFWGroupBuild030.jpg

I preshaded the silver using metalizer burnt iron I also mixed some with the AL to change the tone instead of buying titaninum.

MEFWGroupBuild029.jpg

I have the H 1/72 in here also and the color scheme is RLM 76,81 and 83 and I decided to go ahead with RLM 83 on the fuse of the C.

MEFWGroupBuild028.jpg

Last edited:
Nice work Kevin, after some study I believe the wings on the Ta152C are definitely 75/83 one photo of CI XM from the rear points more towards this than greens as the contrast in the colours in B/W is more obvious than the lesser contrast of Greens....IMHO. Picking 75 on the fuselage is much more difficult to confirm from the available photo's...

Your Ta152 should be 82/83 as this seems to be the general concensus on this version.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back