**** DONE: 1/48 Ta 154 Moskito - Me/ Fw Group Build.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks once again gents for your kind words. :p :p :p

Apart from doing some final painting prior to the decals being applied, I also decided to sort out the busted antenna. Following yesterdays contemplation :| :( :| on replacing them all I decided :idea: that maybe I should just repair the offending one and hope that I don't bust any more.

Just sticking it back on with CA I knew from experience wasn't going to work. These antenna apart from being in a vulnerable position are extremely weak at the point where this one has busted off so a bit of strengthening was required.

110626-1A.jpg

I decided to micro drill out on both sides of the join, after all I've had plenty of practice of late on the Me 262, I will then insert a small piece of the steel wire as seen in the photo.

110626-1B.jpg

Here you can see the wire just sticking out of the broken bit of antenna.

110626-1C.jpg

Both bits joined by the wire and ready to be pushed home.

110626-1D.jpg

The final repair prior to the application of a small drip of CA. Hopefully capillary action will seal the joint down solid, then a quick clean will see the job done.

Great repair Vic. I've got some extremely small drill bits, and a pin vice, but the chuck won't grip the smaller bits. have to find a better chuck or pin vice methinks !

Thanks gent, nothing to show today but have progressed well, decals are on as is the undercart and it sits well on the nose wheel, so that's one concern out of the way. If all goes well, should have some finished pics tomorrow. Fingers crossed........

Thanks Wayne and yes I will take care.

Well didn't quite get it all done today, still needs the navigation lights fitting, an Ariel from the tail fin into the fuselage, will do that with stretched sprue tomorrow then give it a final touch up here and there followed by a couple of protective sprays and add the clear canopy parts.

Here are some pics of progress to date and the beady eyed ones among you will note the hair sitting on the starboard prop in pic 2. I think it was a bit of my beard and has been removed.

110628-1A.jpg

110628-1B.jpg

110628-1C.jpg

110628-1D.jpg

....the beady eyed ones among you will note the hair sitting on the starboard prop in pic 2. I think it was a bit of my beard and has been removed.

Well, call me beady-eyes but it's on the port side! And you don't have to remove your beard just because of it!:lol:

Well done Vic. I may have missed it but how were the radar antennae done? Scratch built? PE? They look excellent!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back