**** DONE: 1/48 Ta 154 Moskito - Me/ Fw Group Build.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Enjoy the show Vic, and don't touch her babies:

4131968246_67b92edbb2.jpg

Home again folks, home from the show, just goat'a catch up with things and well be back on track...:p :p

BTW. Important announcement. Wayne got a 1st with the Ju 88A and believe me the web photos just didn't do it justice.

Ok now, back to the serious stuff. Getting rid of those pesky join lines.

I had noted after the primer spray that there was not only a bigger join line than I had anticipated but there was also a slight ridge line as well. I thought of using filler but discarded this knowing it would leave a sink hole when dry and more filler would be needed and so it would go on and on and on...........you get the jist.

110617-1A.jpg

What I decide was to scrape out a larger channel and fill this with a strip of Evergreen, let it set and then add filler round it. But in adding the Evergreen I also scratched the paintwork with my nails on other parts of the model.

110617-1B.jpg

110617-1C.jpg

So before adding the filler I ducked out to the shed and resprayed the affected areas, let it dry then over sprayed a couple of time with a protective coat of 'One Go'.

110617-1D.jpg

110617-1E.jpg

I then applied the filler and let it sit while taking my trip down to Melbourne and the model expo. Then we did the file, brush file part before a nice respray. This morning I'm out in the shed again adding a protective coat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back