**** DONE: 1/48 Me 262A-1a - Me/ Fw Group Build.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks Aaron.

ok-wink.gif

It's been a good day for spraying and a lot has been achieved. As it stands I'm quite pleased with the outcome though I had expected the grey-green (RML 74) to have been a little bit greener. Anyway, next up a bit of panel lining and then maybe the hard bit and all those treads in the tail. But first a good night out on the town.

happy-111.GIF

110730-1A.jpg

110730-1B.jpg

110730-1C.jpg

Thanks guys. Been a bit slack last couple of days, too much family business, did manage to get the decals on this'avo though so will be slapping on layers of 'Future' tomorrow.

Started on the whiskers today (not a pretty sight). It's taken the afternoon just to get one side of the tail done, was so frustrating and I'm lucky it didn't end up under my foot a couple of times. Sorry, no pics at this stage, I think my 262's looking to ugly at the moment. Maybe tomorrow if all goes well.

I said it looked ugly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

110804-1A.jpg

Have not progressed well with this aspect of the build. The threads when shortened would not lay down and with head held in hands in frustration, my little 262 was close to flying out the window. Luckily we have fixed fly screens, so that option was ruled out.
unhappy-060.GIF

After cussing, kicking and screaming my way round the house
mad0235.gif
I decided to rip all the thread out and try something else, so the whole tail was stripped back after the removal of the thread and cleaned down before holes that needed it were re-drilled a new coat of paint added. :mad: :mad: A replacement for the thread was found, I've ended up using some elastic thread and after a test run I decided it should work.

After a couple of hours, I've managed to do one side of the tail fin and though looking a bit rough at the moment, should polish up after a little TLC.
:p :p :p

110804-1B.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back