**** DONE: 1/48 Ta 154 Moskito - Me/ Fw Group Build.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Once again, my thanks to you all for the kind words.

Thanks too - this thread will be invaluable for when I come to do my Hasegawa Ta 154!

Glad to be of service mate....:p :p

Well at long last she is all closed up but before I did it, I took a few more shots including sidewalls.

110529-1A.jpg

110529-1B.jpg

110529-1C.jpg

110529-1D.jpg

110529-1E.jpg

I have to say it all went in well and the joins are looking quite good and will only need the minimum of sorting. :D :D

110529-1F.jpg

This is just a dry test fit of the engines, wings and such and it's kind of nice when one gets to this stage.

Thanks gents, very little progress today, just punched a couple holes for cartridge ejection and sealed some small seam gaps. Will clean up tomorrow and hopefully get some wings on.

Thanks very much Karl.

Progress today was somewhat slow, my own fault really, just dithering about.

110531-1A.jpg

110531-1B.jpg

Did a test fit of the tail rudder after cleaning up all fuselage joins and just look at that gap.

110531-1C.jpg

Easy fixed though.

110531-1D.jpg

While on the tail end also made the trim actuator rod.

110531-1E.jpg

Then a bit of gluing and we have the tail and wings in place. Just need to do a spot of trimming as I seem to have a slight ridge between upper wing and fuselage on both sides.

Thanks for your interest and comments guys, glad you like the actuator, the kit provided an all plastic chunky one :rolleyes: which is good for the kit manufacturers and the kit detail, but I wanted to scale mine down a bit. :p :p

Not a lot to show for a day in the office. Have masked, painted, filled and cussed and all I have to show for it is a couple of air filter made up this afternoon. Only mesh I had to hand looks more like walkway grating in miniature. But then again at this scale, it's effect we are looking for.

110601-1A.jpg

110601-1B.jpg

Thanks Bob and Andy.

Andy, how I wish I could have picked something like this mesh up from around the house but sadly no. I purchased it when the opportunity some months back, it's an AMRI Architectural Scales product.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back