**** DONE: 1/48 Ta 154 Moskito - Me/ Fw Group Build.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Nice work share your fittings on the lines.

Thanks for the kind words folks and yes, when I have a bit of time I'll see about a quick thread on the hydraulic lines with tees and elbows. In a nutshell though it's just varying grades of electric wire and the sleeves that it comes in. Oh and a bit of fiddly slow methodical work................:p :p :p

Thanks David and Even for the kind words.

Today I have made a start with the cockpit. Taking the added resin parts the selection of bits that need fitting makes for a lot of fiddly painting. As I have no cockpit etched parts that I'm happy with I decided to use mostly plastic or resin. Here are some pics of today's production.

110527-1A.jpg

A couple of days ago I gave everything a couple of sprays of RLM 66.

110527-1B.jpg

A couple of nice resin seats which I'm happy to say are not duplicated of each other.

110527-1C.jpg

The pilots joy stick. I have a sketch of this showing a couple of loose cables coming from the side and going into the floor framework. A nice touch I think.

110527-1D.jpg

These are a couple of kit parts for the radar operators position, the one on the right still has to have the viewing scope added.

110527-1E.jpg

Resin side walls for the radar operator, he would need lead lining as he is right between the four cannon firing mechanisms.

110527-1F.jpg

110527-1G.jpg

The pilots instrument panel, this is from the kit which is moulded, so no decals to fit over it. As the rear panel is also visible from above, I decided to add some cable detail exiting from the rear of the dials.

110527-1H.jpg
110527-1J.jpg

The pilots side panels from the kit with the addition of a resin oxygen hose (I think) and the detail of the throttles, fuel feed and trim levers.

Last edited:
Thanks very much gents for the encouraging words, really appreciated and Even, 'I wish' but a big fat 'NO', sadly I do not have the skills of Terry, it's just a leftover from another kit and of course an Eduard's speciality.

As for today, though ice and sunny it was better to stay indoors, so some cockpit construction was done. It's almost completed and with luck, Sunday outings and family time permitting I should be able to get it installed into the fuselage and this joined up.

Here's the total progress.

110528-1D.jpg

110528-1E.jpg

110528-1C.jpg

110528-1B.jpg

110528-1A.jpg

110528-1F.jpg

Sorry about the focus of the pics, had to take them under fluro

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back