**** DONE: 1/48 Ta 154 Moskito - Me/ Fw Group Build.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks to you Terry, Even and Andy very much appreciated.

Now I have a question aimed at all you great technocrats out there. On the only picture I have of the Ta 154-V3 it has what looks like a couple of antenna under the starboard side wing as can be just seen in the 1st pic. The second pic is a later version, a V7 to be exact but it to has the same small antenna things under the wing. Anybody know what they are and any possible closer pics of the same or similar. needed for reference so I can scratch a couple up.

Edit: Would help if I added the pictures..............

110511-1A.jpg

110511-1B.jpg

Last edited:
Excellent start and great muzzle barrel work!

Years ago I remmember watching a "Wings of the Luftwaffe" episode about the 154 and despite the engine and glue problems it was supposed to be a great performer.

Last edited:
I agree with Wayne. Its a radio altimeter for night ops and it was also used on the He219 and night Me 410s.

My thanks gentlemen. Nothing to report today, I've been slack and am waiting on paint (RLM 66) yet again for the cockpit.

Edit: My thanks for that Info Wayne, great help and Terry, thanks also my friend, but I think will be right now.

Last edited:
Decided it was time I stopped dithering and got on with the Ta 154. I found another profile book yesterday which has shed more light on this airframe and included a bit more detail on the undercarriage but unfortunately nothing on the wheel bays. Anyway, here is a little update of progress so far.

110515-1A.jpg

Doing a dry test fit of the engine and wheel bay which has gone together very well and should not present to many problems. The little pile of flattened shot is what has to be housed within the engine to keep this machine standing on it's nose wheel. What you see is less than half the weight needed and the kit recommends 50g in each engine. From past experience I'm aiming higher and hope to also include weights in the small vacant area of the nose and under the radar operators seat.

110515-1B.jpg

Having done the test fitting I was not to impressed with the starkness of the wheel wells on the main legs. I am assuming that even though a majority of the aircraft is wood, that here we would also have a combination of laminated wood and metal and have opted to improve the roof of the wheel bay.

110515-1C.jpg

110515-1D.jpg

Next I tackled the small retractable doors. You will note that for such a small item they have one large and a couple of small ejector marks and to my mind also look somewhat lacking in detail. So once again a bit of scratch work required. When the second set is completed, I'll tidy them all up, rounding the rib edges of a little and filing the down to softening the look.

110515-1E.jpg

Lastly I did a little undercoat spraying of some of the cockpit resin bits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back