**** DONE: 1/48 Ta 154 Moskito - Me/ Fw Group Build.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks gentlemen, your sure helping to keep the spirits up.

Just a quick update. As mentioned I've been dithering over kit parts or resin parts and a classic example is the radar panel and scope.

110505-1A.jpg

110505-1B.jpg

110505-1C.jpg

As you can see the kit panel is well defined with detail but the add-on scope lacks the same refinement, where as the resin scope looks much better.

110505-1D.jpg

110505-1E.jpg

Here we have a few ejection sink marks in the roof of the nose wheel bay to sort out. I have decided to trial a new method to fill the sink marks by plugging them with a little white plastic card. These plugs were punched out and then stuck into the sink holes. When set they can then be filed/scraped back.

Last edited:
Thanks guys. Andy, picked the punch up on the net through Micro-Mark, not cheap though.

Thanks guys. Andy, picked the punch up on the net through Micro-Mark, not cheap though.

Every punch I've seen is pricey. I saw somewhere where a guy made his own. It doesn't look that hard actually as all it involves is sacrificing the drill bits that you use to drill the pilot holes for use as the mandrels.

Great project Vic! love the sink mark solution too!

Here's a pic of the Ta 154A-1 cockpit (from 'German Aircraft Interiors 1935-1945', by K.A. Merrick)

STA52018.JPG
STA52019.JPG

Good one Vic, my photo came out a bit fuzzy!

Got three photos from same book of a Ta 154A-1 (W.nr 320003, KU+SP), in night fighter finish, despite it's intended role as day fighter. I'll copy and send them if you're interested.

Thanks for the offer Even, but thanks to Karl and Wayne I've a host of info now so I think I'll be okay.

Made a bit of a start on the Ta 154 today, was looking at the inserts that represent the GM 151 20mm cannon for the V3 and decided that they could be much better. Though they sit one atop the other beside the poor radio operator the lower one is set rearward of the upper on, hence only the one barrel showing. I have thoughts of also fitting the lower barrel but placing the muzzle just inside the lower aperture.

110510-1A.jpg

This pic is actually the rear of the instrument panel, it will be visible within the cockpit so I've drilled a few holes ready for some plumbing when the time comes.

110510-1B.jpg

110510-1C.jpg

Here we have the kit V3 cannon inserts and look at that gaping hole for the exit hole for the lower cannon, like the gills of a Great White. They needed to be rectified so I just backed one with a chunk of square Evergreen and drilled it out. The other sorry representation of a cannon muzzle was attacked with the Dremel, sanded down and then also drilled. A bit of hollow metal tube and some Tamiya masking tape and we have a new muzzle.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back