DONE: F4F-4 Wildcat "13", VF-3, W. N. Leonard, USS Yorktown, Battle of Midway, GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Oh cr*p! :lol: Carl was of Norwegian heritage wasn't he? Mr Leonard will be in great company with his "White 13" 8)

Oh cr*p! :lol: Carl was of Norwegian heritage wasn't he? Mr Leonard will be in great company with his "White 13" 8)

Im not sure what heritage Jan, Actually credit goes to my wife at least on edward (Butch) O Hara, she mentioned an aircraft in Ohara airport in Chicago and about an old airplane inside with the number 13 on the side a few years back. I just remembered the story after thinking about it more!!! I had to look it up and found the second aircraft

Well, buy your good lady a nice dinner mate!

Anyhoo, painted the engine. Started with black and then dusted on gunmetal, so that they won't look all that factory new...

DSCF0003-36.jpg

DSCF0004-31.jpg

Looking good old boy. I've got a pic of O'Hare (after whom the airport was named) sitting in the cockpit of that thing, the one that's so ugly they had to name it twice. F4 F4 - sounds like a stuttering swear word!
Anyway, think I might have some more pics of him and his Wildcat, if I can find them.

Now that's being nasty! Tell you what, I'll buy you a new pair of glasses, so that you can see the thing properly. I think you've inhaled to many paint fumes or something, it's affected your vision and sense of clean lined beauty!

Ah b*ll*cks! Banned from a thread - will I ever live it down?!
Ask me, am I bothered? Nah na na Nah Nah!

I say Bertie, looking rather top hole, what? Ginger should be along soon from dropping food parcels to the Partisans, we'll have to see what he thinks old chap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back