**** DONE: Focke Wulf Ta152H-1 Stab/JG301 - Your Favorite Aircraft of All Time GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

happy0034.gif

Missed the last couple of days.....

been chipping away though.... as I said flaps closed, so I added some support strips for the flaps and after getting the correct level for the flaps to sit right they were glued in place on both sides.

yesterday I had a slight accident knocked the Ta off my desk....bang! and the tail pane separated from the fuselage...jesus did i go off at myself!!!

Well it wasn't all that bad, the break was at the original glue joint and went back together clean as a whistle...still p*ssed at myself for letting it happen...

Attachments

• 76_Support strip for Flap_0337.JPG
    76_Support strip for Flap_0337.JPG
    33.8 KB · Views: 97
  • 77_Flap fitted_0356.jpg
    77_Flap fitted_0356.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 99
Great stuff Wayne, and I would react exactly the same way!!!

What sort of glue do you use btw? Had similar trouble at times of supposedly fixed surfaces nicely seperating in areas afterwards...

Good to know it's fixed Wayne. It's a horrible feeling when that happens - last time I did it, was with a 1/48th scale RAF Phantom, fitting the final part. Dropped the bl**dy thing onto a very hard floor, and amazed that only one tailplane broke off. Bl**dy annoyed at myself for doing it though!

The moment we all dread and those naughty words we all explode and suddenly the whole street knows something is up. Glad you recovered though Wayne.

I loved Wojtek's comment from his Bf 109E thread -' 'KM' I said, and went for a can of T-stoff..' :lol: (I also know what KM means! :) )

Reminds me of what happened to the starboard wing float on the Rufe. Broke the dad-burned thing off three times. Like you told me, fix it and keep going.

It's looking good, Mate....

Charles

Users who are viewing this thread

Back