**** DONE: Focke Wulf Ta152H-1 Stab/JG301 - Your Favorite Aircraft of All Time GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Looks great Wayne. Is the undersude of the cowl RLM 65 or 76?

76 Andy, but it does look like 65!

Terry the panel line joint doesn't continue all the way across the wing only the inner third just before those hatches start, the 3 sections with the circular hatches are all full panels.

Thanks all for your comments and continued interest.

Gloss coat tomorrow...for now canopy painted and U/C covers.

Thinking that the port lower cover section is not painted, it is very bright in low light conditions.....
Cropped image credit: Eagle Editions Ta152 book Thomas H Hitchcock

Attachments

• 108_Canopy Painted_0716.jpg
    108_Canopy Painted_0716.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 83
  • 109_Undercarriage covers_0720.jpg
    109_Undercarriage covers_0720.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 79
  • 110_U-C image_0500.jpg
    110_U-C image_0500.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 88
  • 111_U-C image_0491.jpg
    111_U-C image_0491.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
Ah, thanks Wayne - I can see it now. Must get some new glasses, or new eyes!
Do we know the reason for the bare metal? I can understand having full panels in bare metal, but why paint or prime part of the panels (those which run chord-wise)?

Terry, it was all about saving some time and paint.

Vic, The starboard cover appears consistent as being overall RLM 76 Lt. Blue/Grey as part of it is in shadow and some in sunlight, but the Port cover clearly has a very bright reflective shine of bare metal to me on the lower section as compared to the upper section...so it makes me think it was not painted.....?

Thanks guys, glossed yesterday and started the decals today...careful scrutiny of the photo's indicates the Green 9 is not where EE's instructions show, the numbers are slightly further forward across a vertical panel line,rather than to the rear of the line, above the rear portion of the trailing edge of the fuselage to wing panel.
Also my reckoning of the defence bands size and location means the supplied gruppe bars are too short so a bit of surgery fixes that on the starboard side, will finish the port side tomorrow. Pain in the butt is that the 3 sets of supplied green bars are all different widths, so careful trimming to match up is in order....

Note how the bars look crooked in the shots taken at an angle due to the fuselage plug being a flat parallel section, while the forward fuselage flares out slightly, then the shot taken from the side shows the starboard bar as straight.

Attachments

• 112_Fuselage decals_0730.jpg
    112_Fuselage decals_0730.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 85
  • 113_Fuselage decals_0733.jpg
    113_Fuselage decals_0733.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 81
  • 114_Fuselage Decals_0737.jpg
    114_Fuselage Decals_0737.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:
Vic, The starboard cover appears consistent as being overall RLM 76 Lt. Blue/Grey as part of it is in shadow and some in sunlight, but the Port cover clearly has a very bright reflective shine of bare metal to me on the lower section as compared to the upper section...so it makes me think it was not painted.....?

Thanks for that Wayne, I'll bow to your superior knowledge……..but still have an element of doubt about the bare metal when you compare the lighter colour of the panel with the glint of shine on the polished metal of the stbd olio opposite. It is this that made me ask the initial question.

That's ok Vic, looked at the oleo too....this would be a polished chrome type finish highly reflective and bright whereas the cover would be a less bright metal finish, if it were in fact unpainted metal..... i'm just not sure???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back