**** DONE: GB-36 1/48 Bf110D - Axis Manufactured Aircraft of WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

XF-22 is too dark and needs to be lightened. For 02 I use 5:XF-22 + 5:XF-49 + 2:XF-2 (maybe even 3 parts for the white)

Terry, I need to dig deeper into my references but I seem to recall that the only two interior colours in use between 1936 and 1941 were 01 and 02. 01 is silver and could very well look light grey in photos. Let me dig some more.

Thanks chaps.
Unfortunately, this model, and all others are permanently stalled - see following post in 'What annoyed you today'.

Thanks Andy. Can't even assess the damage to the '110, as I'm still waiting for CID and forensics to arrive, and have left everything as I found it.

CID / Forensics have been and gone, and I've started to tidy up the mess. First look at the '110 shows that it's escaped major damage, with just one tail fin broken off, which looks like a clean break and easy to repair. Not sure about the unused parts yet, as the sprues, and loose parts, are spread across the floor with the rest of the debris.
I can do a bit more to the model, but can't spray it until after Christmas, when Karl is very kindly going to let me have the compressor I gave him, on long term loan until i can get a new one - replacement of the camera gear comes first on the 'have to save up' list !
Obviously, I can't take any photos now, unless I can obtain or borrow a cheap digital camera.

I've got an extra compressor sitting here as a spare in case my Testors takes a poop in the middle of some build but that's small comfort to Terry in the wilds of the UK. Theft is SO frustrating you keep thinking "If only I'd have...." and there's no one to choke

Thanks all.
I'm about to continue with the model, and Karl has very kindly sent me the compressor I gave him, which should arrive on Wednesday, so I can get back to painting. Can't take any pics yet though, but I hope to be in a position to replace at least one of the cameras in the new year, so I can maybe catch up and get the pics posted before the end of the GB.

Thanks Andy. My current 'phone is just a basic Nokia - no camera. Still got my old Motorola 'Razr' with camera, but it's very 'iffy'.
Been offered the loan of a digital compact, but don't really want to risk it, just in case !!

Dear Santa, please give me cameras for Christmas.
Dear Terry, you've been a bad boy, p*ss off !

The compressor arrived from Karl yesterday, and I've done the masking ready for the first upper surface colour.
Just preparing to spray the RLM 71 - can't provide pics yet, but hope to catch up and pst some soon(ish).

Users who are viewing this thread