**** DONE: GB-36 1/48 Fw 200 C-4 "Condor" - Axis Manufactured Aircraft of WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Geo's post #115 are closer to what I have which are both Model Master acryl colors. My Rml 72 is quite grayish and the 73 is a greyish green and really not that far apart in shade unless there is a big change as they dry. This (at least on my monitor) is pretty close to my RLM 72. The second is the 73 but mine is not that green more grayish. Lastly this model shows the colors very close to what I have, 72 grayish and 73 greenish

model-master-ii-2082-grun-rlm-72.jpg
t225_30d41a941daa9f5891840844376bea05-1.jpg
200-b21.jpg

Jkim, going to follow Terry's initial suggestion and paint the entire upper surface my Model Master RLM 72, the grayish color. Then the RLM 73, the greenish one for the splinter cammo.
Andy, thanks for the pic that looks closer to my RLM 73 tough maybe a bit more grayish

Some good info so far.
I'm a firm believer in the old saying "If it looks right, it is right", so if the paints to be used look close, then that should do the trick !

With reference to the very interesting find in the article posted by Wojtek, I think the author has possibly missed something. That discolouration on the RLM65 and the 'white' of the glazing, looks very like nicotine staining from airborne tobacco smoke, as opposed to oxidation or deterioration. If cleaned with a mild detergent solution, the original colours should be revealed.

I have thought about the same Terry . Of course it might have been the paint base that made it yellowish in time. But the nicotine smoke seems to be the reason for.

Getting ready to paint the fuselage RLM 72 and then the bottom 65. Was going to paint the interior 02 but it is basically invisible once closed up so no sense wasting all that 02 paint. Was hoping some of the interior would show but nada,
Going to be a biggin...

IMG_2138.JPG
IMG_2140.JPG
IMG_2143.JPG

I thought about cutting out the side, not gluing the top, and making some kind of hinge or epoxying a fine metal hinge to the bottom so that the side would just drop open but the wings are in the way for a good half of it and I really could not think of a good way to do it. I really gave a lot of thought on this one of NOT doing anything on the interior except the cockpit but with the side windows and open side door I thought maybe....
It's like I posted with the B-29 one would think that the kit makers would make one side clear or at least include large clear side panels so that the interior would be visible.

Yes, I actually have been working on the Condor AFTER I cleaned all the coal out from under the tree. I just can't win with Santa...Oh well
The fuselage has been painted RLM 72 so I can put in the windows next. It actually does look green-ish kinda a dark OD green.
Landing gear with their distinctive dual wheels, a first on Luftwaffe planes
The belly windows are ready and the first gun mounted
The dorsal rear gunners seat is together and IT HAS SEAT BELTS!!!
And lastly the horizontal stabilizers are painted.
NOW comes some real fun, I've got to mount the interior and then glue the fuselage together...fun fun fun

IMG_2170.JPG
IMG_2169.JPG
IMG_2165.JPG
IMG_2167.JPG
IMG_2168.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back