**** DONE: GB-38 1:48 P-47D - Axis A/C

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Did the casting last night, pulled them out this morning. 1-2-3, easy peasy.
contr_surf_3.jpg
contr_surf_4.jpg
contr_surf_5.jpg

Thanks, but it is easy to do.
Hardest part is finding something to make the mold in so as not to waste mold material. Gotta conserve or it's not economical. Half and half, for mold and casting. Just have to remember not to do it on blistering hot days, it goes off too fast.
The only set of control surfaces I could find were about 40 bucks, included 30 something for bloody shipping. All this was leftover from the 747 I repaired. Just have to do the rudder after fusey is glued up.

Thanks fellas.
Showing a mold can be made of Anything. However if the walls of the frame are made of clay, and not hard and the walls of the molding material are rather thin it's a risk. Removing the object molded can distort the clay, then your out of luck, you get one chance but mine worked out okay, just! Then removing the cast you are more at risk of distorting the mold, you get One chance. I hung the fuselage by an old wire coathanger, forgot to take a foto. The first foto shows the resin setting inside the mold. Lordy now I can breathe.
contr_surf_7.jpg
contr_surf_8.jpg

Love this kit for the P-47. I can find no better 1/48 P-47 then the Tamiya and you are doing wonders even to it. Love your work here Bill. Love it.
P.S. I keep a set of Legos and modeling clay for my molds. Works great to what ever size you need.

I do use legos for the mold box, would have if I knew where they are!!!!!
So I have fit the elevators. Now to use the kit trim tabs and remove the ones in the cast parts.
The elevators are 20 degrees down, trim tabs 7 degrees up.
The rudder cast is ready to go. It's gonna be a bit more fiddley.
contr_surf_9.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back