**** DONE: GB-38 1/72 FW190 D-9 – Axis A/C (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Just not enough delineation between colors suppose to be 82/83 upstairs ?I am thinking lightening the 82?
GB38 001.JPG

My fix back to LHS and get some new 82/83 what I had I probably mislabeled the #.I got a little more mottling to do on the sides and clean up the yellow at the base of the tail.I also did the roll of leather in the pit around the cowling will show later

GB38 003.JPG

Well as usual with band on the tail they suck so had to go back and paint it in a big improvement got a couple of decals on.....;)

GB38 001.JPG

GB38 002.JPG

Thks Fellas for looking in ;) some more work and an update had to paint the RLM76 boxes on the tail and painted the trim tabs over using decals.

GB38 001.JPG

GB38 002.JPG

GB38 003.JPG

Looking good Kevin. I'm also trying to paint bands and stripes. Just got some Tamiya bendy masking tape to try out
Just cut thin strip like 1/16 for 1/72 so as to do a quicker bend and bigger for the larger scale.I got some semi-gloss clear enamel on the decals a few coats.The decals in the kit are very flat but laid pretty well on the semi and the subsequent applications hid most of the decals.I hand painted the little boxes on the tail for the plane ID # and noticed that front under cowl was YELLOW.I am going after the prop next,brass barrels and see what happens with the pitot.
GB38 001.JPG

GB38 002.JPG

GB38 003.JPG

The Good and the Bad: I took some time tonight to weather the plane something I do not do to often since I have been playing around with the Trump D-9 I thought I try something here.I got the weathering though slight to my liking using some Tamyia product sprayed the flat and going not bad! Then the bad showed it's arse when I peeled off the tape to the canopy superglue traveled up some tape inside the canopy arrgghh.I am working on the removal of said BS it's always something just like Geo's tailwheel getting close :dontknow: I wish I lived in Wayne's World this kinda crap never happens :)

GB38 001.JPG

GB38 002.JPG

GB38 003.JPG

GB38 004.JPG

GB38 005.JPG

Frustrating. The only solution is a new part or lots of sanding and polishing followed by a dip into Future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back