**** DONE: GB-39 1:48 Curtis Hawk 75 - Battle for France to Battle of Britain

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

javlin

2nd Lieutenant
Nov 20, 2007
MS
Username : Javlin
First name : Kevin
Category : Intermediate
Scale : 1/48
Manufacturer / Model : HobbyCraft
Extras : OOB

BoxArt

gb39 001.JPG

Good choice Kevin :thumbleft::thumbright:
This one was flown by the French top Ace of "Battle of France": Edmond Marin La Meslée
Edmond Marin la Meslée — Wikipédia
Edmond Marin La Meslée ::: http://fandavion.free.fr

His aircraft (N°217) in North Africa during Summer 1940. He flown another H-75 (N°158, code "2" too) from October 1939 to 18 May 1940. N°217 was flown after 19 May 1940 until 1942.
Marin_la_Meslee05.jpg

Another detail: the Spa67 insignia was wore under the cockpit only in North Africa. Before that this insignia was on the fuselage, behind the "cocarde" (national insignia). It seems that N°217 didn't wear the Spa 67 insignia during the end of the "Battle of France"
:)

Last edited:
behind the "cocarde" (national insignia). It seems that N°217 didn't wear the Spa 67 insignia during the end of the "Battle of France"
So for June of 40 Steph no Spa 67?What about interior color Steph I am seeing silver or a light green almost British interior maybe lighter?

Kevin, no Spa67 insignia on N°217 during the end of the Battle of France in June 1940.
Interior color was "interior green" with variation in colors => "aluminized zinc chromate primer (called green color by Curtiss) in accordance with US Army Air Corps practice". I think a color close to Gunze/Mr Hobby H58 is not a bad choice :).
Engine area in interior green or yellow zinc chromate...

I wired up the engine had to make the loop around the crankcase of hollow tubing.The belts are just some British I had around thinking something is better than nothing in this pit.I am about to put the fuse together tonight big gap from the wing in the fuse going to strip it with plastic and sand.

GB38 001.JPG

GB38 003.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back