**** DONE: GB-39 1/48 Dewoitine D.520 – Battle for France to Battle of Britain (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

N4521U

Colonel
Nov 1, 2009
Miranda, NSW
GB-39 1/48 Dewoitine D.520 – Battle for France

Username : N4521U
First name : Bill
Category : Advanced!!!!!!!!!
Scale : 1/48
Manufacturer / Model : Tamiya
Extras : Scratch stuff. No extra store bought things on this one.

I still don't build many foreign aircraft, but this is a cool looking little scooter and want to keep active in the group builds. Building the white "3" version. Adjudant Chef Denis Ponteins by the decal description. And from the kit description site...

The D.520 was officially accepted by the French Air Force to be its mainstay fighter aircraft in 1939, the year that WWII began. Not many were in service at the time of the German invasion of France in 1940, but the D.520 was one of the few aircraft which could counter the Luftwaffe's Messerschmitt Bf109 and pilots such as Pierre Le Gloan and Denis Ponteins earned ace status while flying it. After the French surrender, the D.520 served as the main fighter aircraft for the Vichy French Air Force and were used against the Allies in the Moddle East and North Africa. Near the end of the war, examples which were recaptured by Free French forces were once again flown against Germany.

Last edited:
So here is the kit.
The staff car? Not sure if I'll make this a silly diorama!
Should be a rather straight forward build, no engine details.
May lose it again and cast control surfaces. Still have some goop left.
See what transpires. Cheers.
!_Kit box.jpg
2__kit.jpg
3_kit.jpg
4_decals.jpg
5_scheme.jpg

PM sent Bill. I should have my GB thread up tomorrow or shortly after, looking for cockpit colours right now. I've seen Dk. Blue to Dk. Grey

You guys never cease to amaze me.
I've never seen that photo.
Thanks you.

If your intermediate bill, I will have to enter in the division below beginner...…...I have nearly finished my GB38 but I'd better get cracking I think

Honestly, I don't know where I fit in.
I do a lot of mucking around on them, but not like Advanced.
I just entertain my old self with them.

Got this one from a vendor at a hobby show for $10

Users who are viewing this thread

Back