**** DONE: GB-40 1/48 Petlyakov Pe-2 - Heavy Hitters III

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks Guys, been reviewing the bits'n'pieces....lots in the box alright....

First thing i'm trying to determine is the internal colours, some pics show the bright green in pics supplied above other sources claim Greys and green....

Ah, a mine field far more treacherous then the RLM collection..........in lieu of any other input I'll throw this out there, Soviet Warplanes color tables . If you scroll down towards the bottom you will find Interior colors, at the top of which you will see "A-14/A-14f steel grey", This color is very close to US Nuetral grey. At the bottom you will find a section of Primers. There you will find ALG-1 , which is roughly the same as yellow zinc chromate, and ALG-5.
I'ts my personal opinion that ALG-5, which varies a bit from one application to the next, was used a bit more extensively then is acknowledged. These are some pics of original parts from wartime Pe-2(s) which I found on the Soviet Warplanes forum sometime ago.
Pe-2%20pilot%20seat_zpshmmoeltf.jpg

IMGP4433%20Pe-2%20seat_zpsmcgw8fte.jpg

I just mix Neutral Grey and Zinc Chromate at approximately 50/50.
IMG_1206_zps91odvgte.jpg

IMG_1213_zpsioh7ms22.jpg

Although one could add a bit of greenery to the mix, I'm a bit Leary of relying on computer pics to pin point exact matches.

Thanks Hugh, I continue to add bits'n'pieces.....there is lots of detail in this thing....sadly a lot of it is not going to be seen or difficult to see....once the fuselage is closed up
I am in the same situation with my He-111, it only remains to enjoy the detailing of the interiors and that the photographs show that there is something else in there.
Greetings and never give up the pleasure of detailing those interiors!
:thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back