**** DONE: GB-41 1:48 KAWANISHI N1K2-J "EARLY" - PTO from 1937

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

You sure Wayne, look at the middle aircraft in the center? It is hard to tell on tail number but sure looks like it. Then again I might just be getting old LOL. I know the 15 looks to be missing but could this one taken before the 15 was painted on the aircraft hinomaru.

They models that are well done along with the photography to capture them.

The interior is an olive green colour, but can have a light to dark range. The upper surface colour is a Dark Bluish Green.

hi geo, I commented I was looking at the books I have from the "george", I always found the same reference for the interior, according to the books of kaburaya books, maru mechanic or burnin-do all lead to the interior is the color similar to the FS34258 buff gray green , I attach a table that comes on page 21, I found on the internet of the book of kaburaya, which can serve as a guide.

Attachments

• colores n1k2 .pdf
    127.1 KB · Views: 116
See that's what I was saying. I know what a George was but I had no idea the make / model. I gotta bone up on my Japanese planes.

You have your Ki.'s, your Types, your Japanese names, different Japanese manufacturers making the same aircraft and then your U.S. Navy "Hillbilly" names. This is Wiki but useful...List of military aircraft of Japan - Wikipedia Also, the book I sent you, though of poor quality kinda helps. Almost finished my Nakajima B6N2 "Tenzan(Heavenly Mountain)" "Jill" so I may get a brief start here before I head back to camp

Yes I did get the book. But a Zero, is a Zeke, is a A5M and an A6M or so I think. A Bf 109 is a Me 109 and a Bf 110 is a Me 110, but a P-51 is a F-51 by any other name just as a P-86 is a F-86.

Time to start and it always starts with the cockpit but not this time. I had one loose piece rolling around and if past history has taught me anything, this piece will probably disappear. Its the wheel well ceiling and nicely detailed. Note the two tabs to ensure the correct fit...

IMG_0002.JPG

IMG_0004.JPG

Smart me would have dealt with the ejector pin marks before I glued it in place

Amended Post #1 GB-41 1:48 KAWANISHI N1K2-J "EARLY" - PTO from 1937 It bothered me to model the same aircraft that has been done so many times. It took over a month but I finally found a photo of the rear of "White 3" in the book "Genda's Blade". Not wanting to violate copyrights, I haven't reproduced the photo. The profile was found on Pinterest. What brings this into my "oddball" preference is the marking on the tail; its the crew chief's name and #2 enclosed in a rectangle.

Last edited:
Sounds good. I think that thankfully some manufacturers are giving attention to where ejector pins go now.

Some more on the side panels of the cockpit as well that will have to be dealt with. Anyhoo...getting the innards prepared...

IMG_0008.JPG

IMG_0009.JPG

...and in place

IMG_0010.JPG

More innards, note the three aforementioned ejector marks. I added the switch box(?) and throttle controls prior to avoid losing them

IMG_0011.JPG

You mocked my girlie stick but its helped me maneuver the small switch box into position on the sidewall

IMG_0012.JPG

I'm sure many have seen sprue racks that are being sold by Gundam and HobbyZone, $20+, plus shipping. While I do like the looks of them I thought I could do better(read cheaper). A $5 letter holder from Save-on-Foods

IMG_0015.JPG

Last edited:
Good stuff Geo, although that 'sprue rack' is taking tidiness a bit far !
Methinks I need to look out for those 'girly stick' thingies - they look useful.
I wonder if they'll pick up coins from the floor, 'cos my bl**dy hands can't !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back