**** DONE: GB-41 1/48 Nakajima KI43 IIB Hayabusa RTAF - PTO from 1937

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

destrozas

Senior Master Sergeant
Jan 12, 2010
Username: destrozas
Category: intermeadiate
Scale: 1/48
Manufacturer: ARII / OTAKI
Model Type: Nakajima KI43 IIB hababusa/ oscar
Aftermarket scratch cockpit and details in de plane, ip of yahu models YMA4865

the airplane that is very little seen is about the airplanes that Japan gives to the independent forces of thailand after its invasion, as a reinforcement in the Southeast Asia after the reinforcement of the Americans and the British before the loss of the air supremacy.

more detailed information in, here
In total, Thailand had 27 ki43 between the IB and IIB series, (as is the model I'm going to do).
researching the network and the books that I have the plane take a text between what they explain in the pages of the network and own writing to do a little history of the model that as there is almost no information about them, there are 4 pictures of the plane exclusively, the information is very little.

according to the historian who collaborated with osprey, recently published this image of a Ki-43 Hayabusa in Thai brands that gives us, perhaps for the first time, a clear impression of the camouflage pattern. In 1970, Richard Ward's profile in the Aircam Aviation No.13 series 'Nakajima Ki.43 Hayabusa IB - IIB in the Japanese Army Air Force - RTAF - CAF - IPSF Service' (Osprey Publications Ltd) described the aircraft in a "stylized stone spike" pattern that has been copied into many representations, including models, since then.

The art of the Revell box from 1967 for the Thai edition of his Hayabusa kit also reflected this idea, although quite anachronistic for the Ki-43 IB represented by the kit (of which more anon).
sumrtafoscar.jpg

The photograph shows a much more random pattern of at least two colors, sprayed at close range on the natural metal. Some representations represent the flashes of the natural metal surface as deliberately applied swirls of light gray, but I do not think that is the case.

According to what I have learned the response of the Thai government, through its aviation ministry, that I have had a consultation on the subject, which has responded, according to its writings, documents and files, the planes are painted with remains and remains of Japanese paintings So with that information I got in touch with the author of the j-aircraft.com article about 43 ki Thai, which although he says he can not be sure or know for sure but he thinks that the plane was painted with the colors on the natural metal it was painted with the #21- I identified as the A14 Karekusa-iro (khaki green fs20400) and the #22 I identified as the A1 Ao midori-iro (black green fs 34088).
Thai2.jpg

Last edited:
the art box and the kit as it comes.
01.jpeg
02.jpeg

03.jpeg

04.jpeg

06.jpeg
07.jpeg
05.jpeg

To say that the cockpit has nothing to do as it comes in the model to what it is, I will try to do it as similar as possible, always under the idea that my qualities and limitations to simulate things, that I have some limitations that others do not they have

Looking forward to your build Sergio. Having just finished this kit myself I can say you should find the fit to be very good with need for only a little filler, mostly on the butterfly flaps underneath where they are unfortunately not split on a natural panel line, rather running through the center of them.

Chad

we go with the plane, I started with the detailing of the interior to be impossible to get the SBS interior that is great for this mold, I will do it, look for photos of the same kit that I tell you and I'm going to imitate my quality and ability to do it
pieces that come from the kit that will be reused but that will almost all be discarded.
08.jpg

the marks of the ejectors of the mold that go inside the lid with blister melted in acetone
09.jpg

10.jpg

After this I eliminate everything that brings the bottom of the cockpit and I put a sheet of plasticard 0.13 mm, on which I do the pedals, (I use the pedals of a tempest that I will not use that I have left over, abs rod 0.5mm and recycled plastics from leftovers)
11.jpg

done this looking at pictures I see that you are missing several boxes and indicators that are made with 0.5mm sheet, I paint with a pencil approximately what I am going to use and how to do it, I show you the pieces.
12.jpg

13.jpg

this in 20 days to times, my arm is to make me a new one, I am already doing the tests for the operation, so ...

thanks fellas,

chad,
If I already saw your subject of the plane and compared it with the photos and the interiors in resin of the plane to take material ideas and way to work them, by some great work you did.

Hello Sergio, first, let the matter of your arm be on the right track. That this next operation is a success and you recover the condition of that arm in time and form.

As for your K143, it will be very interesting to follow. Good progress and little known scheme.

Saludos compadre :thumbup::thumbup:

luis carlos improve what is better nothing at all I'm waiting to see if I have to operate urgently or could endure some time, but fixed operation in both arms.

but I'm not going to let that sink me and although there is little I can do, I go day by day doing.

Following the detailed placement of 0.2 mm threads to then place a 0.13 mm plastic sheet over melt a bit with glue well with solvent to adapt and generate the appearance of the iron that went under the pedals, I also redo the command was smaller than it was almost 5mm nothing more or nothing less, also I put the tube / cable / hydraulic that had placed, even if drying and so I did not take a picture since the fixation of a and another piece covered them and could not be seen.

14.jpe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back