**** DONE: GB-42 1/32 Bf109F-4/Trop - MTO II

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Wayne Little

Staff
Mod
Oct 7, 2006
Adelaide Sth. Aust.
Username : Wayne Little
First name : Wayne
Category : Judge – Non competing
Scale : 1/32
Manufacturer / Model : Hasegawa Bf109F-4/Trop
Extras : Eduard Seatbelt Set and Canopy masks.

The Subject for this GB will be Yellow 14 W.Nr. 8673, the final Bf109F-4/Trop flown by the 'Star of Africa' Hans Joachim Marseille, showing his then total of 151 victories as at 15th September 1942.
Over the following 2 weeks Marseille would take possession of a new Bf109G-2 in which he would claim his final 7 victories before his untimely death on the 30th of September. Engine trouble forced him to bail out of his aircraft, in the process he struck the tail plane knocking him unconscious, he fell to his death.
The Top scoring and deadliest fighter Ace in the Mediterranean theatre was no more…..

Marseille claimed a total of 151 victories in his 17 months in the MTO while with 3/JG27, the next closest to this total was Werner Schroer with 61 victories also with JG27. On the Allied side of the ledger Canadian pilot, George Beurling claimed a mere 27 victories in the MTO over Malta.
Bf109F-4 trop marseille.jpg

I just watched it last night in YouTube. Didn't know about it till I read Terry's post.

Wayne,

If you have a Amazon Prime account they where letting you watch the movie for free with Prime TV which is including with your Prime account. I lucked out and found the DVD quite a few years back. Great start on the kit.

HPIM3447.JPG

I found the movie online, just by searching for 'Star of Africa, full movie online'.
The aircraft used are the early Hispano '109s, before the Merlin-engined 'Buchon', and look quite convincing.

Jumped back into this with some pretty quick progress....portside Cockpit painted up and decided this time around to use the instrument panel decals, so cut them up into sections and applied them in separate bits to reduce the possibility of the decals not sitting right and distorting.....

No progress now for a few days, be a bit busy....my Son is getting Married tomorrow.

5_Cockpit Painting-Portside_3160.jpg
6_Cockpit Painting-Portsie_3162.jpg
7_Instrment Panel_3169.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back