**** DONE: GB-43 1/32 Spitfire Mk.VIII - Aces' Aircraft of all Eras (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I think your Bieber comment generated more consternation and thought than if one of us had come out of the closet!
Anyway, the model looks great. It's definitely making me want to start mine. My time is being taken up with other things during the week but still have most of the weekends if I get the honeydo's done quickly.

Thanks Andy.
I might have to strip the paint from the prop spinner - painted it over six hours ago, and it's still tacky. I'll leave it overnight and see what it's like tomorrow before deciding.
The paint was mixed with yellow (new tin) and an old tin of Humbrol; Forest Green, to give the 'woodpecker' green shade, and I think the oils were separating from the green paint.
Back some time tomorrow.

Well, the 'Woodpecker' green on the spinner was still tacky after nearly 24 hours. so it was stripped off and a new mix brushed on.
The prop blades were painted, and the whole lot assembled and then gloss coated, awaiting the decals, which will be done tomorrow, followed by some weathering and a final matt clear coat.
The blades are still wet in the pic below.
This has delayed my anticipated finish line slightly, but I'm hoping to have the model finished, and the finished pics posted, by the end of the week.

Spit MkVIII 32nd scale build 600.JPG

Thanks all.

Prop decalled, dirt streaked and fitted.
Just got to fit the radio mast, mirror and pitot, and make and fit a I.F.F. dipole, then attend to the canopy.
There's a resin canopy latch to fit, and I need to make the ball and wire for the jettison system, to attach to this, before fitting it all into the upper forward frame, which I hope to get completed within the next day or so, and then it'll be done.
Pics below are with, and without flash, hence different colour balance.

Spit MkVIII 32nd scale build 604.JPG
Spit MkVIII 32nd scale build 605.JPG
Spit MkVIII 32nd scale build 606.JPG

Thanks very much chaps, it's appreciated.
No further progress at the moment, as I've been out and about today, and have some other jobs to do tonight, but should be back at it tomorrow.

Nah - no Speckled Hen tonight, but I admit to a couple ... er... . OK... a couple of couple, of Spitfire Ales, and maybe a glass or two of port.
The patient is recovering - I think !!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back