**** DONE: GB-44 1/48 F-16 South Dakota ANG - Military A/C of post-war time

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The dull coat has been sprayed on

P1012919.JPG
P1012920.JPG

As you can see in this picture the pitot tube had been broken off and repaired without a great paint match. The very tip of it had already come off earlier in the build but I had intended to stick it back on at the very end as it is silver and did not have to be blended in

P1012921.JPG

But my repair did not survive very long

P1012922.JPG

I made up this replacement out of aluminum tube and brass rod which I should have done at the start. It will be drilled in and the joint smoothed with CA and the paint mixed to a better match this time.

P1012924.JPG

Thanks guys

The new pitot tube has been installed and it looks pretty good. Also finished up a lot of the breakable bits but did not take pictures. I should be able to post some tonight and possibly finish the whole thing up this weekend.

I still hope to get this puppy done. It's standing on its gear and I only need to paint the rockets and put them, the fuel tanks and the gear doors on and it will be done, I just need to find a couple of free hours to sit down and do it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back