**** DONE: GB-44 1/48 F-16 South Dakota ANG - Military A/C of post-war time

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I was able to thin the Gunship Gray and it sprayed on just fine

IMG_3718.JPG
IMG_3719.JPG

The pitot tube is very fragile and the joint to the nose cone needed carful filing and sanding to make it disappear. I think it will be a miracle if it survives until the end of the build

IMG_3720.JPG
IMG_3722.JPG

Painting on various other parts was finished

IMG_3724.JPG

Ready for a coat of Future to prep for the decals

IMG_3723.JPG

Looking good Glenn.
I also use brass pitot tubes these days, as I can b sure that the kit part would get snapped off at some stage, either during the build, or if moving the model.
Just used one on my Mirage, from Master, and well worth the investment, which is a reasonable price.
Pic below shows the brass part in place, with the nose awaiting final sanding to blend the shape.

Mirage build French 161.JPG

I'll keep that site bookmarked for next time Don. I made my own out of aluminum tube and steel wire for the F-102 that's on the unfinished shelf. But didn't think of it ahead of time for this one and at the time just wanted to get the painting finished. Hopefully it will survive, It not I'll either buy one or make one

I'll keep that site bookmarked for next time Don. I made my own out of aluminum tube and steel wire for the F-102 that's on the unfinished shelf. But didn't think of it ahead of time for this one and at the time just wanted to get the painting finished. Hopefully it will survive, It not I'll either buy one or make one
Cool, if you want one. let me know, I have about a dozen. Just give me an address for snail mail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back