**** DONE: GB-45 1/72 Hurricane Mk.I - BoB/Foreign Service (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hi Tim

yes nice work, I have this kit in my stash to build so your comments and pictures are really helpful. I will keep an eye out on your progress.
At the moment I have a 1/144 scale Avro Vulcan from GHW Great Wall of China!, building her in the white anti flash scheme with the blue steel missile slung underneath.
meanwhile hope the rest goes well.

regards
Perry
isle of Wight

Thanks fellas, much appreciated
grin.gif
, Happy to help out Perry, lookin forward to seeing some of your work
smile.gif

The rudder pedals are a bit bigger on one side then the other creating a bit of a step which will only show if you put them in the......ahem.....'wrong' way
IMG_2320.jpg

the 'correct' side look a little chunky so I trimmed off a bit of the 'fat' anyway. Here you can see the difference, not really that important as they are hardly visible once things are buttoned up.

IMG_2321.jpg

Things installed and painted up, no real drama here.

IMG_2326.jpg

IMG_2330.jpg
IMG_2331.jpg

The radiator fit well and is nicely engineered to be easily painted up.
IMG_2328.jpg
IMG_2329.jpg

The alignment holes only needed a slight cleaning out and everything fits very nicely with the radiator being added after things are painted up.
IMG_2327.jpg

It will be advisable to paint the top of the alignment pegs though when it is installed as they can be seen in the cockpit.

beers.gif

Well I haven't been neglecting the kit, I've just been to lazy to downsize and upload the pics
sFun_nahnahna.gif

Got the rad in and I'm quit pleased with myself
IMG_2334.jpg

On ward and forward with the prop, it actually goes together very well, the slot makes sure that everything is line up so no issues there
IMG_2345.jpg

And then sods law kicks in, chapter 2 section 1a of which states that if there are two or more parts the same, at least one must get mucked up.........so here we are fixing that
iamsmiling.gif

IMG_2348.jpg

Done
IMG_2350.jpg

Spinner attachment is a bit unique here but I like it and things do go together well
IMG_2368.jpg

Of course......paint
iamsmiling.gif

IMG_2370.jpg

For whatever reason the back plate only fit into the nose comfortably in one spot with out binding so I marked it out for later
IMG_2372.jpg

And now we (me, myself, and I, who tend to
argue.gif
a lot) are once again dealing with Sods Law, chapter 2 section 1a subsection C paragraph 3......any single unique required bit must be launched into an unknown trajectory which it will maintain for all eternity
sAng_hissyfit.gif
.......so ingenuity must prevail. One hole drilled
IMG_2374.jpg

Rather then tempt fate with glue, I hot knifed it once I had it in place and the prop spins freely.
IMG_2375.jpg

free-character-smileys-330.gif

Onward and forward
hobbyhorse.gif
So the belts arrived and look pretty decent, only problem is Eduard would have them draped over the back of the seat when they actually come through the hole in the back of the seat
huh.gif
The problem is that in order to be correct they need to be folded over and since they are "prepainted" the are only painted on one side. Gotta give them credit though, for all the twisting they went through the paint never flaked off, and they went through A LOT of twisting and bending.........
IMG_2382.jpg

IMG_2384.jpg

And then........Sods law........
Good excuse to try out some new paint, I like it so far
IMG_2385.jpg
IMG_2387.jpg

Finally, what a struggle
IMG_2390.jpg

IMG_2391.jpg
IMG_2392.jpg

Fuselage is glued together, but everything else is set in place
IMG_2393.jpg
IMG_2394.jpg

sSig_goodnight.gif

Last edited:
Time for a bit of an update, I found a part for one of my Hienkels that I lost.......oh.......a long time ago. It was in the box of another kit I just happen to be meandering through because, me
default_whistle.gif
So I pulled out the kits and played around a bit.
IMG_2395.jpg

IMG_2397.jpg

And then I came back to my senses
default_tease.gif
and put them away for another day and another thread.

The engineering of the tail is something else, you'd really have to work at it to screw up the alignment, not only that you can set the flaps however you want, I looked around and they could be up, down or level, but down seemed to be the most common position so that's what I went with. You can leave them moveable but I decided to glue them in place to hopefully prevent them from being broken.

IMG_2401.jpg

The one piece vertical plane sits flat on the fuselage and lines up perfectly with the main wings.
IMG_2403.jpg

Here you can see how the vertical plane slots in both the top and the end.
IMG_2404.jpg

And everything glued into place.
IMG_2405.jpg

And before I forget, the engine intake.
IMG_2407.jpg

Now talk about fiddly, how to clean the mold seam off this tiny clear bit and fit it into the hole without ending it off into orbit, tricky.
IMG_2415.jpg

IMG_2416.jpg

IMG_2417.jpg

I didn't quit turn out the way I'd have liked but close enough.
IMG_2420.jpg

Wing lights with a dollop of silver inside in the molded in light

IMG_2421.jpg

A lick of paint under the canopy
IMG_2422.jpg

This is the worst part of the kit, a thick canopy. It will look *OK* but in my opinion it is a bit to thick hence the reduced fuselage under it.
IMG_2423.jpg

Time for some paint me thinks.
Photographer_4.gif

Looking good Tim. Great tip on dealing with the pingy parts. I'm dealing with 8...count em...8 fuel caps on the tip tanks of my last 104. I too have put clear parts of one kit into the box of another. Found them two days before I was going to send Hasegawa some money for replacements.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back