**** DONE: GB-46 1:48 Me-410 B-2 - WW2 Eastern Front / Twin Engine A/C, Transports and Gliders

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Ok, finally down to those pesky fiddly bits. First issue is the mounting pins of the forward gear bays. Try as I might to be extremely careful in cutting out the excess plastic between those door mount pins, I did break one off on one door. I cut the other one away and made a replacement out of a B-string from a heavier set of guitar strings. I was able to drill two holes for them in the edge of the door and got them mounted. I did clean up the excess epoxy as seen in the picture az well as touched up the RLM02. Both doors are now mounted and the fiddly bit work starts in earnest now.

Gear drop repair.jpg

Last edited:
Ok, let's call the 410 done. Required pics below. Overall, a nice kit. Fuse fit was great, horizontal stab fit was awesome. Control surface fit was good to great. Canopy was a huge pain in the ass. Main gear was just ok. The main gear legs made for a wiggly fit. Next time I will some sort of additional bracing. The Aries resin set was not at all bad. Yes, fit was a challenge, but nowhere near as bad as I expected. Will I build another one? Probably as I have another on the stack. Sop, off to the Ta-152. This will be my first Zoukei-Mura kit. All the advice I read here is check the fit, dbl-check it, and check one more time.

Finished 1.jpg
Finished 2.jpg
Finished 3.jpg
Finished 4.jpg
Finished 5.jpg
Finished 6.jpg
Finished 7.jpg
Finished 8.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back