**** DONE: GB-46 1:48 MiG-3 - WW2 Eastern Front / Twin Engine A/C, Transports and Gliders

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

An attempt was made at the exhaust stains. Tamiya Smoke doesn't seem to like being thinned. I went 1:3 with the air pressure at about 15psi and the paint came out like water. What you see here is about 1:1.

IMG_5993.JPG

IMG_5994.JPG

Good photos are hard to come by of white camo MiGs and from the odd one I could find that included the wings showed that there wasn't much weathering on the wooden parts of the wings so I will do a little bit on the leading edges when I get home. Have a good week gentlemen

Thanks all. Decals will be quick, only 10 to put on...

1591372475891.png

....however, as can be seen, the fuselage star is a bit translucent. I've got two spares I can use to overlap these. I also used Tamiya Panel Liner - Light Grey on the metal surfaces which can be just made out on the upper cowl and left wing.

Thanks guys. Deecals are done and time to put on the sticky-outy parts.

IMG_6003.JPG

IMG_6004.JPG

I gave Vallejo Clear Matte another shot, this time shaking the bejaysus out of it and this time got a better result. I might airbrush it next time as I missed a few spots with the brush

IMG_6005.JPG

Over-head shot showing the effects of the Light Grey panel liner. Hard to see but I left some on outside of the lines to show additional weathering

IMG_6006.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back