**** DONE: GB-46 1:48 MiG-3 - WW2 Eastern Front / Twin Engine A/C, Transports and Gliders

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks guys. We've been getting almost daily emails concerning new safety policies. Any violations and you're sent home.

Going to dry brush camo colour on logical places of wear

And here we are at the epicentre of a major outbreak and I haven't heard a peep. Mind you I don't work for Cargil, I work for a company contracted to Cargil, and only share a truck with one other person, if one of us gets it we're both dead..........

Depending on when it was built the thing could have been painted white at the factory, so you could technicaly get away with a bit of grunge if you want to get lazy, just sayin, looks good.

Stay safe

Thanks guys. In between masking and swearing I started to weather the aircraft. Not sure how far I'll go with this yet.

IMG_5974.JPG

I think it has a lot to do with wether it was painted at the factory or in the field. If I recall correctly often the nose wouldn't be white washed in the field as it was covered with a tarp and therefore considered already camouflaged.

Thanks guys. After procrastinating for so long I started spraying at midnight; Mr. Hobby H67 - RLM65, mixed at 5:3 with distilled water at about 18psi. Tamiya white bendy tape used at the rear

IMG_5979.JPG

IMG_5980.JPG

I'll do the red wing tips and tail tip shortly and then get back to the weathering

Last edited:
Thanks Terry and Andy. I took care of the over-spray on the elevator just before I went and cut the back lawn for the first time this year. Every Spring I get the neighbourhood run off and it takes forever for the east side to dry off enough to support the lawn mower

...I went and cut the back lawn for the first time this year. Every Spring I get the neighbourhood run off and it takes forever for the east side to dry off enough to support the lawn mower

I had that problem with my backyard as well... ended up putting 7 French drains to handle the excess water. Beautiful build you've got.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back