**** DONE: GB-47 1:72 Me 262B-1A/U1 - WW2 D-Day and After - Western Front (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Well I've long since accepted building Luftwaffe aircraft can be confusing. All the pictures show scissors on the main gear and according to some articles some even had two sets on the main wheels. I never even noticed the lack of them on the nose gear !! Thanks !! Good info.

Flaps, slats and procrastination. Just to show I'm still working on it though sporadic. The flaps are a lot wider on the underside so removing them turned into a bit of a hack job. I added some bits so I could sand and smooth them out a bit. The leading edge flaps need to have a bit more of a curve and some struts to mount them on. Next is separating the elevators and positioning them. There is still quite large gap on the underside where the wing section meets the front of the fuselage that's going to need a whack of bondo. Lots of work yet but poking along. I should ad, filling all the panel lines was not fun. Looking at all the kits on line very few have filled them in. I also noticed a lot with scissors on the front gear. And SO many different ways this particular plane was painted !

Me262B 1-A (30)r.jpg

Me262B 1-A (31)r.jpg

Me262B 1-A (32)r.jpg

Post up some more progress pictures. Glued some lead sheeting into the nose chin piece so it sits on it's nose wheel. Then onto the stabilizers and elevators. It was a bit of a hack job to separate the elevators but they came apart not too bad. I did notice a curious thing when I was searching for pictures of the counter balance. I would imagine it was a solid weight as most of the pictures show the elevators raised up at rest as opposed to down which looks rather odd. I can only assume it was the weight ??

Me262B-1A (33)r.jpg

Me262B-1A (34)r.jpg

Me262B-1A (35)r.jpg

Me262B-1A (36)r.jpg

elevators.jpg

Last edited:
Not sure that the elevator weights would cause that deflection as I would have thought they would be there to balance things.

I agree, however many of the pictures show the elevators deflected up, some even neutral. None showing them deflected down which is what one would expect to see if anything. Perhaps there was a lock on the control column holding them in that position ????

elevators2.jpg

elevators3.jpg

elevators4.jpg

Good observation and it could well be the weight though I still doubt it. If there was a lock for the column, I would think that it would be the other way so the stick would be farthest away from the pilot for ease of ingress. I'll see if I have some pilot's notes on this.

Good observation and it could well be the weight though I still doubt it. If there was a lock for the column, I would think that it would be the other way so the stick would be farthest away from the pilot for ease of ingress. I'll see if I have some pilot's notes on this.

I haven't been able to find any info but it's sure piqued my curiosity !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back