**** DONE: GB-49 - 1/72 Bf109G-6 - Favourite A/C of WWII (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

That I am... Painting in progress.

Attachments

• 011.JPG
    011.JPG
    713.8 KB · Views: 37
  • 012.JPG
    012.JPG
    709.6 KB · Views: 40
Had to go back and reread your first post to understand the colour choice but I get it now. Looks good.

Barely made it in time...
I had a lot on my plate the last couple of months, so this build, though simple in terms of subject, took a lot more time then anticipated. Also, I hit a serious setback towards the end. (This appears to becoming a recuring theme with my group build entries of late.) I had the model painted and with decals in place when I applied Model Master matt clear lacquer. This reacted with paint causing the serious damage to the paint job. So, basically I had to repaint the model.
Someone asked about my impression with the AZ Modes kit. I short, I like it. There wasn't any serious problem with assembling the kit. Reasonably detailed for 1/72 scale with a lot of parts for building various sub variants of Bf 109G. I've read some reviews which question the accuracy of the model, especially the shape of the nose section. However, when build, it looks like a Messerschmitt and it's good enough for me. There is one issue with the kit which I have to mention. Cockpit canopy is a bit narrower then the fuselage, not much, but enough to be noticeable when looking at the model at certain angles. And speaking of canopy, is it just me or the Bf 109 canopy in 1/72 scale is becoming harder and harder to mask as the years go by!?
Anyway, few photos of the model now and official "Finished" thread coming tomorrow...

Attachments

• 013.JPG
    013.JPG
    605.1 KB · Views: 37
  • 014.JPG
    014.JPG
    790.9 KB · Views: 37
  • 015.JPG
    015.JPG
    804.5 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread