**** DONE: GB-50 1/72 Ki-100-1 Otsu - Zombie Build

Good progress glad you solved your exhaust issue.
 
Lovely work so far!
 
Working on the fiddly bits that need to be done before painting can start
IMG_20210529_182709361.jpg
IMG_20210529_182719847.jpg
 
:thumbright:
 
I was absolutely 100% sure I had a clear sprue with a couple of leading edge landing light lenses. I have the sprue but I have just remembered I used them on a build earlier in the year. 🙄

I have used clear sprue to make a lense but it never looks good so I might try making the lense by filling the hole with superglue and then polishing back. What can possibly go wrong 🤪
 
Be careful though. Superglue is much harder than the surrounding plastic so you may find that you are removing more plastic around the lens and leaving a bump where the lens is.
 
If you can find some clear tube, for example, from a pen, then this could be cut to make the lamp cover. I was able to do this on a 1/48th scale Hurricane some years back, and it worked well
 
Looking good though. :thumbright:
 
Looking good though. :thumbright:

Thanks it took a lot of work to blend the extra bodywork that was fitted under the wing centre section to convert from the Ki61 to Ki100. I might have done a too good a job the originals look like they were fitted with a sledgehammer and fine tuned with a crowbar.
 
Good work so far!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back