**** DONE: GB-50 1:72 Messerschmitt Me 323D-1 - Zombie build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks all. Oh, and I can read German, just no idea what it means ! Thanks for the pictures. I should have this wrapped up in a few days or so. Trapped inside under a heat bubble !

You get the breezes off the Pacific. We get the winds off the Okanagan. So yeah, heat AND smoke makes for self-imposed lock down.
I only have one lung so the smoke pretty much forces me indoors !! Last year we got hammered by the smoke from WA and OR, it was brutal Like trying to breath through a straw ! Year before from the interior. Upside, more time working on models.

It's a plane,covered in paint, big big paint ! Well I'm on the back nine. Fuselage is painted along with the wing center section over the fuselage. This will be done after I dirty up and weather the engine cowls and nacelles. Paint chips soot, oil stains and so on. Not rally sure how to weather a doped wing surface except for maybe some dust and dirt. Then glue the wing to the fuselage and spray in the rest to match the fuselage. Even doing it this way I've still managed to break a few bits off. Lucky I have found them though and glued them back on. It's big ! Thirty inch wingspan which I believe is the same as a 1:48 scale B-29 ?

Me-323 (43)r.jpg

Me-323 (44)r.jpg

Me-323 (47)r.jpg
Me-323 (48)r.jpg

Me too. FWIW, I'd go easy on the dirt though. The plane is so big that noticeable dirt stains would have to be quite large in reality. If you want to weather it, consider adding a small drop of a dust-coloured paint to say a half ounce of a clear coat and gradually apply that to the model until you get the effect you want.

Me too. FWIW, I'd go easy on the dirt though. The plane is so big that noticeable dirt stains would have to be quite large in reality. If you want to weather it, consider adding a small drop of a dust-coloured paint to say a half ounce of a clear coat and gradually apply that to the model until you get the effect you want.
Good tip, I will try that. I've mostly dirtied up the landing gear and engines nacelles. As for the engines, the port side spin counter clockwise, the starboard clockwise. The props match but they all have the same part number and there is no indication in the instructions on their correct placement or mention they spin opposite side to side. Despite being aware of this I still managed to glue two engines in the wrong place so a little deconstruction will be up next. I wonder how many models are out there no one noticed ??

I didn't know that the engines counter-rotated but I guess there would be a lot of torque up there. If you try that dusting technique, go easy as it can creep up on you. At first it doesn't look like anything is going on and you want to add more but it reveals itself when it dries. Maybe try it on a mule first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back