**** DONE: GB-52 1:48 Boeing B-29 - Heavy Hitters IV

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

fubar57

General
Nov 22, 2009
The Jungles of Canada
Username: fubar57
First name: George
Category: Advanced
Manufacturer: Monogram
Model: B-29 Superfortress Kit No. 5706
Scale: 1:48

How to make one of 3790 NMF B-29's different. Throw some O.D./N.G on it

B-29_42-6242_in_flight_nov_43.jpg

Public Domain

Screenshot 2021-10-28 130611.jpg

Off the Web but not sure where or when I got it

This B-29 was assigned to 794th BS/468th BG/58th BW of the 20th Air Force. It was declared "War Weary" in 1944, stripped of arms and converted to a bulk fuel tanker while the group was in China. As a fuel carrier it carried nose art, "Esso Express". I'll be doing it as before the conversion

Last edited:
The innards...

6242.jpg

6242 (5).jpg

6242 (4).jpg

6242 (3).jpg

6242 (2).jpg

You want drama Don, you got it. I forgot that I mailed off the kit decals to another member whom I haven't seen here since. This is why I went for as plain as plain B-29 as I could find. I was originally searching for a Russian version but I didn't have the correct size stars or Bort numbers. That's when I remembered I had a photo from long ago (bottom) and found the other (top) this week. I won't start this until I complete GB-51 sometime this week

Last edited:
Here we go. New hanger goes in the living room!!! More to follow in the dramatic on going story.

I always remember seeing this kit in the hobby shop window and marveling at the box art, and wondering how big it would be🤔 looking forward to seeing it build up.

So the little B-52s come out of the bomb bay?
Big daddy (B-17 the granddaddy of the operational heavies) got all funky with the mother of all the big war heavies (big momma B-29) and she dropped a baby B-47 which grew to a full growed up biggin BUFF B-52. Now I knows most of you younguns won't understand but you will as you get older and find some young filly like a mustang or such and it will all come together and you'll smile when the bee stings you!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back