**** DONE: GB-52 1:48 Boeing B-29 - Heavy Hitters IV

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Are we sure Heller and Monogram are not in kahoots with one another?
Them parts look just like my Super Connie!
Scary

Great reference - you going to add all of those wires, pipes, tubes, hoses, padding etc etc ?
(didn't think so !!!)

Kinda. Trying to figure out a colour sequence; black & I.G. floor, three different I.G.s for wall, consoles, seats, etc. I may hit everything black, leave the forward portion of the floor black and then use the rest as pre-shading. Anyhoo.....moving along....now, I added a floor hatch to the floor and put together the flight engineers console. Lookit all those purty dials, switches and knobs that will never be seen. Of course I'm going to do them. I had to remove two floor ribs (A) as they caused the console to slant forward

IMG_1654.JPG

IMG_1658.JPG

We meet again old friend. I've been looking all over the ailerons and elevators for this but finally found it in the gear well

IMG_1661.JPG

At the moment masking up the innards that will have glue on them before I spray. There is no build sequence on the instructions so you need to figure out which part needs to be fitted first; lots of dry fitting. The fit of many of the parts is not very positive. I've got the right side masked up now. Lunar Eclipse tonight but doubtful that we'll see it as the moon is ducking in and out behind clouds and we have a major snowfall warning in effect

Alrighty, something to show. Laid a black base down. Nothing will be seen in the end but as I have never fully attempted to do this it will a good test frame. There is a black sprue tree included in the kit which has Instrument Panels, seats etc. which, while are really black, I sprayed anyhow to get rid of the plastic looks. I put them all in one shot which lost any detail because my battery was dying

IMG_1667.JPG

Pre-shaded the bomb bay for the same reason as above

IMG_1663.JPG

Possibly the last time the light booth will be used for this project

IMG_1664.JPG

After I finished spraying, I taped the wings together and attempted to attach the cowling to mount as I read this was another issue and I am beginning to lose heart with this build. Lots of CA and plastic strip will be involved. On a separate topic, I'm having airbrush issues. It seems that paint is accumulating around the trigger and impinging on the needle. As I really haven't used this AB an awful lot so I'm thinking a seal can't be going already, is there something I'm doing wrong?

Is that the H&S Ultra? How often do you take it apart and clean it?

One thing I stopped doing with mine is the John Miller suggestion to rapidly move the trigger back and forth with cleaner in the cup. That practice seems to pull paint/thinner into the trigger area in my experience and so the needle needs to be removed all the time.

Thanks for that Andy. This is my cleaning regimen...

Empty the cup and run some IPA and then water through
Remove the front end parts and needle which also includes the rear of the AB and needle lock-nut(?)
Clean the needle, front end parts and the front inside of the AB with IPA and then rinse with water
I assemble everything and then run a small amount of IPA through and then two of the small cups of water. I'm not doing the rapid thing but I hold the trigger down for a few seconds, stop and repeat until the cup is empty
I do all of this after every session

Users who are viewing this thread

Back