**** DONE: GB-52 1:48 Boeing B-17F - Heavy Hitters IV

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Yellow is Not mellow when it comes to painting the color!!!!!!
Gotta do a white undercoat or you just keep chasing Opaque!!!
Good work on yours.

And a wee bit more progress- the wings will get their first coat tomorrow- I ran out of OD.
PXL_20220228_160416241.jpg

A new order will arrive tomorrow- thank goodness fro next day delivery!

No photo tonight, but the OD uppers are complete. I've also done the splotches on the fabric-covered control surfaces that I see on the pictures of DL+XC. With that done, I've applied a bit of streaking, fading and stains, and pin-washed the control surface joins.

So I managed to get all the transfers on. Very nice opaque white!
And yes, I know the white strips are a little wonky, but they were apparently just tape stuck on to show where vulnerable areas were.

I stippled on the remnants of the letter B on the tail, as this was extremely faded. The new national markings are also newer than the OD, and painted over some of the wear and dirt, and there is relatively little dirt on the yellow underside, as this was also newly painted.

Thursday I'll be varnishing and adding a little more dirt., then removing the masks from the clear bits.

I still need to finish painting the undercarriage and props, and the guns (I'm only fitting the upper turret and tail guns, as the nose and waist guns were apparently regularly removed on the ground, and displayed separately.

Edit- I just saw the pics more clearly, and the flash is not kind! The OD looks a lot more solid in real life than it does on the pictures!
PXL_20220308_210216588.jpg
PXL_20220308_210238521.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back