**** DONE: GB-52 1:48 Boeing B-29 - Heavy Hitters IV

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks gents. The final battle continues. The stabilizers were added two days ago. Tube glue was used first to get some hold and after about 10 minutes I could let go and flood the seams with TET. After about five minutes I could let go and set aside to dry. Two hours later I repeated on the other side and let it dry over night. Yesterday was spent doing the largest masking job I have done to date. Today was a washout as I was in PG getting my headlights converted to LEDS. Changing headlight in my car involves removing the tires and inner fender linings. After the entertaining Leafs/Wings game I attacked the left wing using the above method but I had to get the wife to apply the TET. This is the only way I could let it set up to preserve the dihedral.

IMG_1739.JPG

I'll hit the left wing tomorrow. Hopefully I can spray the OD tomorrow night or Monday morning. Doubtful I can finish in the allotted time as I head back to camp on Tuesday and won't get home until Mar. 09

Sure is a monster!
I don't remember having alignment trouble with it when I built it but that was back after it was first released so the molds are probably showing their age

Thanks Andy. Hosed it down with a full bottled of Tamiya XF-62 Olive Drab for a solid 90 minutes. This was a colossal pain in the keester, trying to wield the model about, trying to keep it in the small light source I have. I was just about to remove the masks after cleaning out the AB and noticed I missed a few spots on the left leading edge. Re-spray and re-clean. I removed the masks from the right leading edge, where the de-icer boots boots were removed. Pretty stoked that after two weeks of being under masking tape, no Vallejo paint had lifted. As I moved to the rear I noticed that I had missed spots around the rear gun turret and stabs......sigh. I'll redo this after lunch

I didn't redo as I wanted to remove the masking to look for bleed under/over and lifted paint. I'm very happy to say I only need to touch up about three square centimetres of paint, including that mentioned above, about three square millimetres of aluminum and even though there was about an acre and a half of masking tape, absolutely no paint lift.

IMG_1743.JPG

IMG_1746.JPG

Am I happy with this? No!!! A few seams are going to be showing and the lower left canopy section must have popped lose over the last fort night. I'll carry on when I get home next week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back