**** DONE: GB-52 1:48 Boeing B-29 - Heavy Hitters IV

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Main decals are on, all four of them. Once dry I'll get to the individual serial numbers

IMG_1748.JPG

Still trying to figure out how to photograph the final pics

Serial numbers were completed last night. As with the Star and Bars, these were also from Fantasy Printshop and as with the Stars and Bars, they stuck like the proverbial frightened limpet to a rock when they hit the surface. They would only move after the area was flooded with water so I had to wait for the preceding one to dry before applying the next. I had a heart attack moment applying the final "2". As I was applying it, it folded over on the paper and attached to the model upside down and reversed. After a few minutes I manged to get it off the model but now it also folded over in half. My usual method to fix this is to reattach it to the paper, dip it in water and then gently poke it and prod it back to its original shape. However........this time, once it hit the water, it now twisted into a little ball. A quick check of the decal sheet showed I had used all the "2s". Full panic mode has gone into over-drive. Nearing the 15 minute mark of slowly trying to get the decal unfurled, I managed to get it back onto the backing sheet with only a minor rip. I flooded the area with water and the decal fell smartly into place and the rip is invisible. Flat coating is now in progress

Don't you just love a nice long stress free decal session
:evil4:
This is why all my custom decals have an Extra.
My customs are full sheet overprinted, so I do trim lightly with scalpel as close in to the image as is possible.
Internal areas don't silver, I'm just cautious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back