**** DONE: GB-52 1:48 Boeing B-29 - Heavy Hitters IV

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

fubar57

General
Nov 22, 2009
The Jungles of Canada
Username: fubar57
First name: George
Category: Advanced
Manufacturer: Monogram
Model: B-29 Superfortress Kit No. 5706
Scale: 1:48

How to make one of 3790 NMF B-29's different. Throw some O.D./N.G on it

Public Domain

Off the Web but not sure where or when I got it

This B-29 was assigned to 794th BS/468th BG/58th BW of the 20th Air Force. It was declared "War Weary" in 1944, stripped of arms and converted to a bulk fuel tanker while the group was in China. As a fuel carrier it carried nose art, "Esso Express". I'll be doing it as before the conversion

Last edited:
The innards...

You want drama Don, you got it. I forgot that I mailed off the kit decals to another member whom I haven't seen here since. This is why I went for as plain as plain B-29 as I could find. I was originally searching for a Russian version but I didn't have the correct size stars or Bort numbers. That's when I remembered I had a photo from long ago (bottom) and found the other (top) this week. I won't start this until I complete GB-51 sometime this week

Last edited:
So many 'Bs' flying around this GB52 build. But you have the Mother Of All Bs....Looking forward to the photos, especially how it fits in your work area!

I always remember seeing this kit in the hobby shop window and marveling at the box art, and wondering how big it would be looking forward to seeing it build up.

So the little B-52s come out of the bomb bay?
Big daddy (B-17 the granddaddy of the operational heavies) got all funky with the mother of all the big war heavies (big momma B-29) and she dropped a baby B-47 which grew to a full growed up biggin BUFF B-52. Now I knows most of you younguns won't understand but you will as you get older and find some young filly like a mustang or such and it will all come together and you'll smile when the bee stings you!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread