**** DONE: GB-52 1/48 Ju188A-2 - Heavy Hitters IV (2 Viewers)

Thanks Guys, been all over the place lately and not on as much as I could, still chipping away at her though....but stalled a couple of times.....
the forward fuselage was kicked inwards a tad so the Upper canopy had an overhang on each side....luckily i don't glue both sides of the fuselage to internal components just in case I need some movement, so I added a small piece of Plasticard as a shim to spread the cockpit side enough to get the canopy to sit correctly. You can just see the White shim at the 8 o'clock position in the first picture beneath the starboard internal panel, seen better from the back through the rear access hatch.
Next the Lower fuselage/ canopy panel painted internally and glued in place, followed by the rear "glass" for the access hatch and lower side windows.

45_Canopy Fit_9733.jpg
46_Cockpit Shim_9739.jpg
47_Front canopy lower section_9773.jpg
48_Front Lower canopy fitted_9776.jpg
49_Rear Acess & Gun Port_9780.jpg
50_rear access & Gun Port_9777.jpg
 
Good solution.
 
Amazing tape work Wayne.
 
Looks great so far Wayne!
 
Nice placements Wayne. I have been using my optivisor on the Mitchell build to place the masks as I found it to help me in more accurate placement.
Magnifier with the Round light for me mate.....makes life easier than going cross eyed....:)

Anyway still moving along...more masking on the other bits that need doing around the rest of the Nose...
Thanks for your comments Guys.

55_more Masking_9792.jpg
56_Lower Masking_9795.jpg
57_lower masking_9793.jpg
58_Turret masking_9825.jpg
59_Turret Masking_9828.jpg
60_Upper turret prep_9838.jpg
61_turret Prep_9839.jpg
 
Lots of yellow stuff.
 
:thumbleft::thumbright:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back