**** DONE: GB-53 1/48 Morane-Saulnier MS 410 - Eastern Front

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

About the only thing I know about it from a Google translation of a Finnish caption that says that the pilot was Sergeant Uolevi Jaakkola, that winter mask and washed away at the end of April, and what looks like a date of Feb 20, 1943. I also have a caption in what I think is Russian that I've had no help from Google translate with. I am posting pictures of both below in the hope that someone can make more sense out of them than I have been able to.

View attachment 659789
The last sentence says that plane's tactical marking is a white number one.

Sprayed on the dull coat last night and took off the canopy masks. Also installed the main gear and tail skid. I know the wheels look wonkey but that's the way they're supposed to be.

20220525_055756.jpg
20220525_055823.jpg
20220525_055836.jpg

Working 10 and 12 hour days this week has slowed down production. All I've done is flatten the wheels a bit by running it back and forth on a sheet of sand paper which isn't worth taking a picture of. I'm out of town this weekend but still hope to finish it up next week

This morning I did a lot of finishing work:
-Gear covers
-Radio mast
-Painted exhaust stubs
-A bit of paint chipping on cowl
-Antenna wire
-Piot tube
-Machine guns
-Canopy
-Prop
And a whole lot of touch up painting.

I'm going to call this one done. I still need to take the finished pictures but am not sure I'll get to it today as there are several things getting in the way including my main desktop which I do my photo editing on went belly up a couple of weeks ago and the pictures I've been posting since then have been from my cell phone. Also to take the pictures requires me to clean off my work bench to make room for the foam board base and background I use for the photo shoot. At the present time my bench is a god awful mess leaving me barley enough room the set the model down to work on it so I'll be tackling that today and hopefully get the pictures taken soon.

So here's a couple of quick pictures for now.

20220605_093534.jpg
20220605_093553.jpg
20220605_093626.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back