**** DONE: GB-56 1/48 P-38H - Thunderbolts and Lightnings (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks Guys, not much modelling happened in the latter part of last week sadly, too many interruptions....and then we had the Grand daughter over the weekend so modelling time on the P-38 was not good....however I did manage to get one thing done....last week, the Radio stuff.
...and today an extra light coat of a slightly more brownish Olive Drab though it don't look like it.....

68_Radio Assy_2031.jpg
69_Radio Assy_2033.jpg
70_Extra Olive drab_2041.jpg
71_Extra Olive Drab_2037.jpg

Thanks very much Guys....

Hope you like the extras to the radio assembly too Bill....
Head rest assembly painted, Radio Rack fitted in place, some wiring added to the assembly too, Head rest assembly fitted in place.
Added the small intakes to engine nacelles and drilled out plus brackets. These have been oversprayed with the Olive Drab to blend in and a very light coat of Tamiya dark yellow to fade the Olive Drab paint a tad, looks better in the flesh....masks off the Vertical Tails and booms tomorrow to see if I have got the Red and white done right....

72_Seat assy_2035.jpg
73_HeadRest Assy_2047.jpg
74_Engine parts_2059.jpg
75_Radio Assy & Wiring_2067.jpg
76_Head Rest Assy_2068.jpg
77_Fading Paint Upper surface_2063.jpg
78_Faded Paint Upper surface_2065.jpg

Thanks very much Guys....still pushing forward.....

Masks are off the booms and tail...happy with the result, gives her the extra bit of life..!
Pastel work in progress across the top wings and Starboard super charger assembly in place and painted...
I have noted in the few pictures that this aircraft, especially the very clear shot of the port side nose, that it shows no signs of the taped panels and residue... either completely gone after it's months of use or overpainted maybe....have noticed this on a number of other OD machines as well...
But will probably add a bit here and there in any case....

79_Masks off_2080.jpg
80_Masks off_2083.jpg
81_Masks off_2085.jpg
82_Stbd Turbo Assy_2087.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back