**** DONE: GB-56 1/48 P-38H - Thunderbolts and Lightnings

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks Guys....Andy, I'm thinking i will go into the following week to get mine finished at this point.
major paint is done , plenty of Pastel work still to do mainly on the lower surfaces and some minor paint still to do before I do the Gloss later in the week...decals...flat coat(s) final bits...

for now Pastel work on twin booms, masked and painted the Canopy sections, interior Green then Neutral Grey, dry fitted and the Olive drab layed over the top and blended with the surrounding OD.....oh, and fitted and painted the portside turbo charger assembly too...!

Thanks Guys.
more pastel weathering, lower surfaces and added the exhaust stains to the booms, long serving aircraft, so the stains extend back to and lightly over the vertical fins tending towards a Light grey for a good lean fuel mixture and a little brown/black close to the outlets.
MacGuire was very proficient in his knowledge of the P-38 and would have gotten the best performance from his aircraft. with a good fuel mix setting.
Also added a small amount of tape line residue to the engine nacelles just visible in the last pic.

Users who are viewing this thread