**** DONE: GB-58 1/48 Fw190A-6/R11 - Night Fighters all Eras

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Wayne Little

Staff
Mod
Oct 7, 2006
Adelaide Sth. Aust.
GB-58 1/48 Fw190A-6/R11
Username : Wayne Little
First name : Wayne
Category : Judge – Non competing
Scale : 1/48
Manufacturer / Model : Eduard
Extras : Probable Brass Tube and Rod Antennas.

As there is plenty of time remaining....My second entry into the Night Fighters GB will be an Fw190A-6/R11 White 11 W.Nr. 550153 flown by Oberleutnant Fritz Krause of 1/NJGr 10.
This Fw190 R11 version carries the FuG 217 Neptun radar system comprising a series of Antenna Posts along the Fuselage and upper and Lower wings.
Images shown come from a few internet sources and used under Fair use guidelines for historical education only, referenced to the subject matter of this GB

Primary image from 8 o'clock position showing the primary markings and Radar aerials.

Second image showing the series of Antenna Posts on the rear fuselage and starboard wing.

The kit is the Improved latter version of the A-6 while the markings come from the Earlier A-6,A-7,A-8 Nachtjager release.

FW190A-6 R-11 Fritz Krause_Side View.jpg
Fw190A-6 R11 Fritz Krause_Rear View.jpg
ED82148.jpg
ED08177.jpg

good to see this A-6/N come to light see if I have some more pics/schematics to help. 1./NJGr 10 all had white numerals most without radar.

Thanks Guys and thanks Erich for stopping by.

Ok, time to get to work....with some cockpit work....added the base pieces for side console etch and a couple of rear bulkhead portions that attach to rear of these console sections,prepped the seat and painted along with main cockpit assembly minus where the etch will sit...and some drybrushing too.
1_Cockpit Assy_3021.jpg
2_Cockpit Assy_3020.jpg
3_Cockpit seat_3026.jpg
4_Cockpit Seat_3037.jpg
5_cockpit Assy_3027.jpg

sadly a small pic. note no yellow undercowling, the staffelwappen is white background...............and yes these are two other Fw's from NJGr 10, no Neptun. I have roughly 10 pics of this unit. also the striping above and down the side of the exhaust is yellow.
imagesFw.jpg

sadly a small pic. note no yellow undercowling, the staffelwappen is white background...............and yes these are two other Fw's from NJGr 10, no Neptun. I have roughly 10 pics of this unit. also the striping above and down the side of the exhaust is yellow.
View attachment 728473
Great stuff Erich, it is not entirely clear in the your other 10 o'clock image but is the lower cowling yellow, it doesn't look like it but the more I look I see a faint tonal difference....
More cockpit work, from yesterday....added the etch to each console side, seat dry fitted and Lower IP etch in place.

6_Cockpit Assy_3031.jpg
7_Cockpit Assy_3033.jpg
8_Cockpit Assy_3041.jpg
9_Lower IP_3043.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back