**** DONE: GB-58 1/48 Fw190A-6/R11 - Night Fighters all Eras

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

here's a little something from the files, hopefully not too small the J-1 and J-2 were essentially the same radar aerial arrangement. The configuration was used on the Fw 190 A-6 and A-7.

s-l1200.jpg

Cheers Erich, I will go with Starboard only, there certainly have been the range of interpretations in drawings and profiles and models....Starboard only, Port only Both sides and none at all even when it is clear they are there...at least on the starboard side.

early profile. white 11 had a yellow stripe around the exhaust and Illo was in Red on the white badge. it is an A-6/N aircraft. Also it is an A-6 not an A-5.

Wayne I have another diagram to show up soon of the aerials.....

Cheers Erich, I will go with Starboard only, there certainly have been the range of interpretations in drawings and profiles and models....Starboard only, Port only Both sides and none at all even when it is clear they are there...at least on the starboard side.

In the large shot of the "White 11" the antenna set on the port wing can be noticed as well as the set of those on the wing undersides at the starboard side.

neptun.jpg

the pic source: the net.

photo from Krause archiv actually. yes refer to the above modeling schematic you can see aerials from underneath that Wurger has pointed out. here's another item. Neil posted this some time ago on his site. I own two German manuals on the FuG 217 series and the do not show aerial placement on A/C just the radar internals/scope.

Fug217diagram.jpg

Oh, That's fairly distinct to me Erich.....it is clear the Yellow is there.

Another question if you don't mind, Are there the triple row of aerial/Antenna'a on both sides under the wings, can only see the starboard side set, while in the 2 primary photo's from 8 o'clock and 10 o'clock the area on the port side under the wing is in just enough very dark shadow and in just the right position to make them invisible...

and some further cockpit work,View attachment 728919View attachment 728920View attachment 728921View attachment 728922View attachment 728923View attachment 728924
Beautiful work, as usual. I'll be really jealous if you say you created the seat belts? I don't recall any of my ProfiPACK's having the like? But I've not opened all....

In the large shot of the "White 11" the antenna set on the port wing can be noticed as well as the set of those on the wing undersides at the starboard side.

View attachment 729732
the pic source: the net.
Thanks for your input Wojtek, my question was more about whether there are aerials on the Port Lower wing next to the drop tank as this area is in very dark shadow in the 2 main pictures. I have come to the conclusion with all input including our valued Erich's info that they are not on the Lower port side and will proceed accordingly...

Oh .. grasped now. It looks there weren' the three antannas on the undersides of the port wing. These were on the starboard one only.

Beautiful work, as usual. I'll be really jealous if you say you created the seat belts? I don't recall any of my ProfiPACK's having the like? But I've not opened all....
Sorry I overlooked answering your question Ralph, etched belts from the kit.

I am motoring along at present....engine face ready to go, fuselage together, upper cowling parts in place, plus Rudder and upper cover/shroud over the gunsight too.
30_Engine Assy_3148.jpg
31_Engine fitted_3150.jpg
32_Cowling Area_3165.jpg
33_Cowling area_3163.jpg
34_Rudder_3160.jpg
35_IP Cover_3179.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back