**** DONE: GB-58 1/48 Fw190A-6/R11 - Night Fighters all Eras

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Sure is Karl, glue 2 parts together and done...!

continuing...Painted Ip cover/shroud, lower wing components all in place for undercarriage bays, upper wings attached too
And prepping Port wing leading edge for adding a Landing light.

36_IP Cover Painted_3181.jpg
37_Lower Wing Assy_3172.jpg
38_Lower Wing Assy_3173.jpg
39_Wing Assy_3220.jpg
40_Wing Assy_3223.jpg
41_Wing Assy_3227.jpg
42_Wing Light Prep_3228.jpg

Thanks Guys, moving along, ailerons attached to wings, now I pre-drilled all the Antenna holes you can see them on the upper wings.....and the lower wings with small 'Flat' discs for the bases of the aerial attachments. I used 1.5mm plastic rod drilled holes with .6mm drill and then sliced/sawed with small saw to create each base, the first of which you can see on the lower wing.....that was fun....not..! I think it does the job though.

43_Wing assy_3232.jpg
44_Wing Assy_3234.jpg
45_Lower Wing-Aerial Discs_3244.jpg
46_Lower Wing-Aerial Discs_3245.jpg
47_Lower Wing-Aerial discs_3257.jpg

Now, well after I pre-drilled those antenna holes I noted from one of the main pics and Erich's layout image that the upper wing Antenna's were in a straight line not one (top) off set.
So I then created a small template to line up the two end holes to then re-align the middle 2 holes, once done I then glued small stretched sprue 'plugs' in the wrong holes, sanded them smooth and then placed the small Flat discs over the appropriate holes using a small .6mm brass rod to line things up for each hole, same was then repeated for the upper fuselage front and rear to get all in position.

48_Aerial relocation_3251.jpg
49_Aerial Relocation_3249.jpg
50_Upper Wing -Aerial Discs_3252.jpg
51_Fuselage-Aerial Discs_3235.jpg
52_Fuselage-Aerial Discs_3263.jpg

Great work. Slicing rod like that fakes about 3 to 4 tries for me before I get one acceptable. Tough to slice parallel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back